Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: preflop with KQs

My only problem here is that KQs is great multiway... you have great odds for a call with a hand just dying to play against a lot of opponents. With the stack sizes mostly the same as yours, you aren't crippled by just calling the flop and trying to outplay your opponents.

On the other hand, with the table playing as described, you will take the pot down 50%-75% of the time here... getting called by an Ace or a small pocket pair the majority of the times you are called. The only hands you don't want to see are AK, AQ, AA, KK, QQ (obviously). So, with your folding equity and the chances that those five hands just limped in ahead of you, it really is a solid play. It's unfortunate that a passive player limped with a dominating hand here and somehow managed to pull a call.

For me personally, I like to play the flop. I hate getting my chips all in before the flop and leaving things to fate with so many people in the pot. So I'd personally call here and play it from there. Again, the push with your chip stack and table read is a good play, and maybe better than the call... just my preference in this situation.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: preflop with KQs

I cannot imagine NOT pushing here, especially given the stack:blinds ratio.

Which makes the CO's play pretty debatable. Had he laid down to your raise, we could at least have seen a method, but to limp and then call your allin, well, I dunno.

It seems almost impossible to imagine that they managed to convene an entire table of players who would all limp at this point in a tournament.