Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Flopped TP w/ good kicker... How did I play against a PFR?

Questions about my play:

1.) Was my raise on the flop the right play?

2.) Once the flop was 3-bet after my raise, was it correct to go into a check/call mode?

3.) Should I have layed this hand down after the 3-bet on the flop?

I did not have reads on anybody at the table.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB
Old 10-30-2004, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Flopped TP w/ good kicker... How did I play against a PFR?

1. With a suited board, I'd have led out and 3-bet to see where I stand (incorrect with 2 to a suit on board?).

2 &amp; 3. With the way it was played, I would have folded the turn unimproved. There are too many hands that CO could have that beat you, especially after the 3-bet over your check/raise.

Did CO show K4s for the boat?

btw - I would have folded pre-flop.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:33 PM

i don't like your going for a check/raise here on the flop...what are you trying to accomplish with it??? Are you trying to punish the preflop raiser w/ top pair good kicker when he probably already has you beat? And after the preflop raiser comes back over the top with a three-bet, I think it's time to bail on the turn w/out improvement.

next time, lead out on the flop, call a raise, and check/fold the turn w/out improvement. the pot's not big enough to check/call all the way down and I think you're behind enough here to justify folding. someone tell me if im wrong.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:51 PM

With it only being 3-handed, I agree that the checkraise here isn't the best line. Bet the flop, and if you get raised, call. If you've got no read on the PFR, I think you're way behind here (3 outs at best), and can probably fold the turn UI.

Rob
Old 10-30-2004, 04:27 PM

I was embarrassed to even post this hand but am glad I did. I relize that I made a few mistakes. CO showed pocket kings for Kings full of fours.

One of the replies in this thread recommended folding KT suited in this situation (early position). I don't think I agree with that. I would not cold call a raise with this hand, but I would limp in early position. In this particular situation it was raised and one more bet to me. Any thoughts?

I do agree that my post flop play bad.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2004, 04:37 PM

It was OK to limp but I would have layed it down after the raise.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was OK to limp but I would have layed it down after the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should never limp and fold to one raise.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like your going for a check/raise here on the flop...what are you trying to accomplish with it??? Are you trying to punish the preflop raiser w/ top pair good kicker when he probably already has you beat? And after the preflop raiser comes back over the top with a three-bet, I think it's time to bail on the turn w/out improvement.

next time, lead out on the flop, call a raise, and check/fold the turn w/out improvement. the pot's not big enough to check/call all the way down and I think you're behind enough here to justify folding. someone tell me if im wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seams very weak/tight. If I had QQ, on a board of K-trash-trash, and someone bet into me 3 handed, id raise every time. If he checked the turn, I'd bet everytime. Folding top pair on this board isn't the best plan
Old 10-30-2004, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seams very weak/tight. If I had QQ, on a board of K-trash-trash, and someone bet into me 3 handed, id raise every time. If he checked the turn, I'd bet everytime. Folding top pair on this board isn't the best plan

[/ QUOTE ]
Against a TAG or a LAG, I'm going into check-call mode (way ahead / way behind); however, with no reads, what then?

Bet the turn and fold to a raise?

Rob