Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 02-07-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Folding aces (low content)

Mostly, I'm posting to say, BOOYAH! I just won a seat in the party poker million.

The thing you might find interesting though, is that I found myself in a spot where I was fully prepared to fold aces. Here's the situation:

three tables left, and we're one off the bubble. If anybody gets elliminated, the other 26 of us all get finals packages. I have 40K. Blinds of 15K/7.5K. On my table, the action is basically raise, steal the blinds, next hand. My odds of stealing are very high.

On another table, there is a huge stack of over 400K. He is open-raising all-in every hand. Every hand. There are a couple players at this table with smaller stacks than me.

On the final table, there are two players without enough to make it through the blinds.

I size up the situation and decide, I will fold aces here. Sadly, they aren't dealt to me, as it would have been fun to muck them. Was I right in my decision?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 02-07-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Folding aces (low content)

As long as you are in your current position relative to the blinds, and are not any shorter, I agree with this.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:26 AM

Default I folded aces tonight

PP Super Qualifier.16 left,15 gets seats and there are 6 stacks shorter than mine,one of which was tiny.
I'm dealt rockets in the CO.MP2 raises,I muck my aces witout a second thought.There was absolutely nothing to be gain from playing them.
Hope to see some of you in the Super Monday.