Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:38 AM

Default semi-interesting 92o in the BB

Stars 15/30, just sat down. Not familiar with any of the players in this hand.

10-handed.

Preflop: 3 folds, MP1 limps, 1 fold, MP3 limps, all fold to the SB who completes, I check.

Flop: 943 rainbow

SB checks, I bet, MP1 raises, MP3 folds, SB folds, I call.

Turn: Jh putting two hearts on board

I check, MP1 bets, I call.

River: offsuit T

I bet.

Will
Old 12-14-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: semi-interesting 92o in the BB

Eh. With that bet I'll ask you two questions. What better hands do you think will fold? What worse hands do you think will call? Zero better hands are folding I think, maybe a couple of worse hands will call ike 88 or 77 but I don't think you're likely to get called by an A or a K. I'd have kept the lead in this hand though by either 3betting the flop or checkraising it.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh. With that bet I'll ask you two questions. What better hands do you think will fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

None.

[ QUOTE ]
What worse hands do you think will call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Low-middle pocket pairs. I don't think he has any sort of flop raise with just overcards...so he either has a better nine or a low pp, with a low pp making more sense because of the preflop limp.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have kept the lead in this hand though by either 3betting the flop or checkraising it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see what three-betting the flop gets me. Even though my hand seems vulnerable, I see this as a WA/WB situation. There's no draws, and he's not raising this flop with overs, so we're down to better nines and low pocket pairs. If I three-bet the flop I give him a chance to get away from a low pp cheaply, which I don't really need to do.

BTW I was planning to fold to a raise on the river...pretty obvious, of course, but important to spell out.

Will
Old 12-14-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see this as a WA/WB situation. There's no draws, and he's not raising this flop with overs, so we're down to better nines and low pocket pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can also have A3s, A4s, 65s, etc. I think your line is ok, I just dont think it is necessarily a WA/WB situation.