Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Common errors and leaks in u\'r game that u\'ve discovered recently?

Have you found any leaks in your game lately? Have you succeeded fixing them?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Common errors and leaks in u\'r game that u\'ve discovered recently?

I had trouble getting specific reads on players and taking good notes. I was relying too heavily on stats.

To fix this I played a month with no HUD/PT and it has worked very well.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Common errors and leaks in u\'r game that u\'ve discovered recently?

ummm. I seem to have a problem with my win rate I keep trying to fix it but it isn't cooperating [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I've discovered a couple:

I raise the turn in marginal spots where I can't fold to a raise too often.

I'm too loose in early middle position when there's aggressive players in late position.

I overvalue overcards on the flop. I raise with overs+weak draws way too often.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:16 AM

I think I might be getting trapped sometimes by over committing myself to pots after I've raised to protect hands when they are good, but open to domination. This is kind of like semi-bluffing to an extent and obviously bluffing doesn't really get you anywhere far at .25/.50 tables does it?
Old 12-02-2005, 06:23 AM

I raise to little in position
Old 12-02-2005, 08:33 AM

I have trouble playing OOP vs LAGs and I tilt sometimes. Got to think with the head.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:29 AM

My PF raise is 7,4%. I have to raise more, and pick the right spots to do so. If i'm next to the button and just one (loose/passive) player has limped to me, i don't need a very strong hand like AJs to raise. KT offsuit and QTs will probably be good enough to raise (this also depends on what kind of players that is on the button and in the blinds). I'm still working on it though.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:31 PM

I'm calling too much with marginal hands.

I'm too timid preflop when I'm not running well.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:36 PM

Small pocket pairs are killing me. I'm losing on all the pairs below 99. I'm definately overplaying them. I just found this leak so not sure if I've fixed it yet.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I overvalue overcards on the flop. I raise with overs+weak draws way too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a great post about playing over cards posted by Nate tha Great, I'll see if I can find it. But it basically talks about how people are raising too ofen w/ ui overs on the flop, Nate challenges people to find a good spot to raise, and most have trouble. It really helped me out.