Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Live 30/60 against 2+2er

I was playing live with a few 2+2ers and after the hand one thought I played it bad. Thoughts?

UTG is a 2+2 and winning player, Late position guy isn't pretty tight/straight forward and won't chase much

9 handed.

UTG raises (2+2er), UTG+1 folds, I 3 bet with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], folded to button who cold calls 3, folded back to UTG who calls.

Flop comes
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I call, button calls.

Turn is
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I raise, button folds, UTG calls.

River is:
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG calls.

MHIG

Yet a good 2+2 tells me later that I misplayed the hand. I'm assuming he wants me to raise the flop. I think UTG put me on Js-Ks and want to bet his AQ, AJ, AT. I felt certain he had an A and felt I had the pockets above. Isn't my way the way to get max value?

Later on the player did say he had an Ace, but who knows.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Live 30/60 against 2+2er

dont matter, all metagame here live.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:45 PM

If you think he has an ace you really should raise the flop. Think about it from his perspective for a minute. By just calling you're representing one of two possibilities. Either you have KK-QQ and want to get to SD cheaply, or you have a set. By rights, the way you played it, the good 2+2'er should've found a fold (probably on the turn if he doesn't have a spade draw) as your hand looks huge.

If you raise the flop your possible holdings is greatly expanded. You could have a flush draw (although raising out the hitchhiker is bad). You could have QQ or KK looking to get a free river/cheap showdown, you could have a set, you could have a smaller ace...you get the idea. Most aggro 2+2'ers are going to 3 bet the small bet street with an ace, and lead the turn. Then you can raise him and make an extra SB by doing so.

If he just calls the flop raise, you can decide if you want to risk giving his 2 outer a free river, i'd probably risk it and let him fire on the river.

lf
Old 11-20-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think he has an ace you really should raise the flop. Think about it from his perspective for a minute. By just calling you're representing one of two possibilities. Either you have KK-QQ and want to get to SD cheaply, or you have a set. By rights, the way you played it, the good 2+2'er should've found a fold (probably on the turn if he doesn't have a spade draw) as your hand looks huge.

If you raise the flop your possible holdings is greatly expanded. You could have a flush draw (although raising out the hitchhiker is bad). You could have QQ or KK looking to get a free river/cheap showdown, you could have a set, you could have a smaller ace...you get the idea. Most aggro 2+2'ers are going to 3 bet the small bet street with an ace, and lead the turn. Then you can raise him and make an extra SB by doing so.

If he just calls the flop raise, you can decide if you want to risk giving his 2 outer a free river, i'd probably risk it and let him fire on the river.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you raise the flop with your good holdings he can never fold an ace here. I would always call this flop with 10-10 and raise the turn if i thought he would fold kk or qq let alone aj or aq
Old 11-21-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think UTG put me on Js-Ks and want to bet his AQ, AJ, AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you people come up with this stuff?

-ActionBob

P.S. Raise the flop.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-ActionBob

P.S. Raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put him on? I thought this came pretty easy hand reading.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:09 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

If he had a lesser Ace he's probably just pissed because he paid an extra 2 BBs after he married his hand.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

b
Old 11-21-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-ActionBob

P.S. Raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put him on? I thought this came pretty easy hand reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not putting him on anything. I'm simply amused by the part "I think UTG put me on Js-Ks". Was it the slight twinkle in his left eye and not the right which sent out the precise tell that he put you on exactly KsJs?

-ActionBob
Old 11-21-2005, 05:50 PM

I think he means JJ-KK not the KsJs.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he means JJ-KK not the KsJs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats what I thought too. KJs would be written like this after all.