Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 11:21 AM

Default 2/4, 6 handed, what the heck is going on here

SB is tight-aggressive most of the time, though he likes to spring up a move once in a while. He respects my game as tight, I haven't been playing a lot of pots. Also, from two showdowns after 100 hands, his continuation bets usually indicate strength.

UTG+2 is tight, and if he misses, he check/folds

Action:

UTG+2 raises to 8
Hero calls with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] off button
SB raises to 12
UTG+2 calls
Hero calls

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets out 16
UTG+2 folds
Hero?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: 2/4, 6 handed, what the heck is going on here

I'm not a big fan of flat calling raises preflop with K10s, I would rather re-raise with position but it's ok to call.

The SB minraise preflop is most likely a PPair (55-1010) testing the strength of UTG+2 hand.

I'm going to raise his flop bet, make it 50. If he calls your pretty much done with the hand. Most likely even if he has a hand as strong as JJ or something he is going to give you a cheap showdown fearing an 8.

You have to find out where you are at and the cheapest route is going to be raising the flop
Old 12-28-2005, 12:18 PM

Yeah take it down on the flop with a raise and be done with the hand. TAGs min-3-bet preflop is BS or a misclick. Don't put in much money if he continues with the hand after you raise.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big fan of flat calling raises preflop with K10s, I would rather re-raise with position but it's ok to call.

The SB minraise preflop is most likely a PPair (55-1010) testing the strength of UTG+2 hand.

I'm going to raise his flop bet, make it 50. If he calls your pretty much done with the hand. Most likely even if he has a hand as strong as JJ or something he is going to give you a cheap showdown fearing an 8.

You have to find out where you are at and the cheapest route is going to be raising the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case I'd be inclined to check the flop with position since I prefer to play a multiway pot with a drawing hand. But this only a minraise and I'd be tempted to make it $16. This may also get it checked to me on the flop and I can check with position to keep the pot small and get a free card or pick one of my many other options. The call isn't bad, just not my preference.

As played I think you have to raise. If villain checks to you on the turn you can check behind for pot control. You might call a small river bet or check behind again. Lots of options if you'll raise. If you can't raise here then fold.