Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Do I need to pay this off??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Can you give us an example of a flop where you would check behind, or sometimes check behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

KKx, QQx, KQx, TJJ, etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be more inclined to bet these, especially the first two.

[ QUOTE ]

Normally I'm making a continuation bet. As would most players in a shorthanded small stakes game. If you don't understand this concept I suggest you read any one of the myriad poker books & articles that are available to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you've figured out how to continuation bet, welcome to the ranks of the novice poker player.

So far in this thread you've: misread the action, given out sketchy advice, and shown no indication of being able to think beyond the most rudimentary, beginner-level, fortune-cookie rules of thumb (Charge the draws! Define your hand!) So I find your attempt to condescend bizarre. Nice use of "myriad" though, Gandalf.

[ QUOTE ]
With this board if someone hit the flush or staright and is looking to c/r I want to know it with one sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? How often do you think a c/r here is a made flush or straight? How often do you think you're currently ahead? How often do you think you'll be ahead by the river? How often are you drawing live? Dead? How often is a bet going to fold a hand that you would like to fold?

I don't think the answers to these questions are obvious, but I'm pretty sure they are the right questions to ask in this situation. Unlike you, I think this situation is fairly complex and interesting, but I'm not a continuation bet expert like yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry but I don't give free cards to 3 other players on the flop with a board like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you would be more inclined to check behind if this was heads up? Are you sure you aren't just trolling me now?

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post anywhere that I would be more inclined to check HU.

Ah, you found me out. I'm just a novice player and you are the expert. Just keep playing that weak/tight game. I'm sure you've done well so far. Anytime you feel like posting your last 100,000 PT 2/4 stats feel free.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
banditdad,

You don't take my money. Your flop bet would be horrible. Stop trolling these boards.

piss off,

Metetron

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a troll, though it's interesting that as usual when anyone takes a different viewpoint from the common wisdom of 2+2 they are called a troll.

And no I don't take your money since I have no idea who you are. I do however take Entity down on a regular basis. He just doesn't know it.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And you didn't bet out on the flop because? You needed to narrow the field and gain info on the flop. Bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your advice is, having raised, to auto-bet every single flop regardless of the cards? If not, can you give me an example of a flop that's worse for continuation betting?

Checking this flop is a smart use of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but I really think checking this flop is a major mistake. Shows weakness, allows the others to catch up, just not a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking this flop is 100% correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. It is 100% incorrect and a pretty good reasonn why I regularly take your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU 10/20?

Rob
Old 12-31-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
banditdad,

You don't take my money. Your flop bet would be horrible. Stop trolling these boards.

piss off,

Metetron

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a troll, though it's interesting that as usual when anyone takes a different viewpoint from the common wisdom of 2+2 they are called a troll.

And no I don't take your money since I have no idea who you are. I do however take Entity down on a regular basis. He just doesn't know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you've got me curious. Where do you play?

A flop bet here is terrible but I want to know if you've got something to back up your claims. Since your recent posts indicate you play 2/4 6max I'm pretty sure I have never played you. But maybe you just play 2/4 for fun.

Rob
Old 12-31-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very easy flop check. This is a no-brainer. If I had to fabricate a situation where it was clearly correct to check on the flop after raising PF, it would look almost exactly like this hand.

[ QUOTE ]

If you don't understand this concept I suggest you read any one of the myriad poker books & articles that are available to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, dude. Monty's location shows that he's done more digging around in the archives (an excellent source of poker information) than you ever have. And he's still trying to help you after you kick dirt in his face. I'd be appreciative.

Your arguments against checking:

"Showing weakness" - lol. [censored], I fold 80% of my hands preflop, that's pretty weak isn't it?
"Allowing the others to catch up" - Yeah, we're definitely a huge favorite to win this pot. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not discussing preflop play, we're discusiing postflop play. You are aware there is a difference? Comparing the 2 is like apples and oranges. If you want to discuss Hero's preflop play this raise is marginal at best, but if raised the flop should be bet out.

No we are not a huge favorite to win. That is one of the reasons for betting, to increase our chances of winning.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And you didn't bet out on the flop because? You needed to narrow the field and gain info on the flop. Bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your advice is, having raised, to auto-bet every single flop regardless of the cards? If not, can you give me an example of a flop that's worse for continuation betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but I really think checking this flop is a major mistake. Shows weakness, allows the others to catch up, just not a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. It is 100% incorrect and a pretty good reasonn why I regularly take your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU 10/20?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob,

Please. Don't let you ego write checks you can't really cash. I'm not interested in playing you HU. I take enough of your money in regular games. And I have for a long time.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HU 10/20?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob,

Please. Don't let you ego write checks you can't really cash. I'm not interested in playing you HU. I take enough of your money in regular games. And I have for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm being honest when I'm saying that I don't think I've ever played you, let alone played you on a regular basis. If you frequent Absolute you'll see me at 5/10 when I'm bored, but usually at 10/20 and 15/30. Sometimes 25/50 when the games are good. I would honestly love to play you HU at 10/20. If you're interested let's setup a date and time and exchange usernames.

Rob

[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on your successful trolling.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HU 10/20?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob,

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think my username is? Feel free to post it.

Rob
Old 12-31-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on your successful trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much coffee and I get sucked into this [censored] way too easily. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Rob
Closed Thread