Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Jim Kleronomos article

Hey guys, Jim Kleronomos here, I will start with Victor first:

Victor: "If you put him on AK why dont [you] 3bet the flop?"

Answer: The reason I did not three-bet this flop was because I still was not 100% sure that he held AK. An overpair was still a small possibility, I wanted to see what would happen on the turn. After the Q hit on the turn, I decided I had to bet here to eliminate him from drawing for free if he indeed did have the AK, if he had an overpair to this board, he would have again raised me on fourth street, since he just called my bet on fourth street I was quite sure now he had AK and what I needed to worry about was milking one more big bet from him on the river if his straight or A or K did not hit. I checked the river to him, hoping to induce a bluff, which is what happened and i got one more bet out of him. Hope that answers your question.

2ndGoat: "And can we even assume that a player that is playing poorly is going to go through the trouble of waiting to raise on the turn with an overpair? Furthermore, if he's not that bad, is he going to sit on QQ/JJ til the turn, knowing that overcards lie in wait?"

Answer: Your first question is yes, this particular player would wait for the turn to raise with his overpair about 90% of the time. It is feasible, however, for him to have raised me on the flop with an overpair, which is why I didnt three-bet in the first place. Remember, these reads are player dependent. For your second question, the answer is the same, this particular opponent would wait until the turn to raise w/ his overpair most of the time.

I hope I have been able to clearly answer your questions, It is very late and I apologize for any grammatical errors. please feel free to reply to this post with any other questions.

Jim Kleronomos [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2005, 12:33 PM

So what was your plan if your opponent raised the turn?
Old 03-03-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what was your plan if your opponent raised the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Victor, this is a copy and paste of my first response to you.

"After the Q hit on the turn, I decided I had to bet here to eliminate him from drawing for free if he indeed did have the AK, if he had an overpair to this board, he would have again raised me on fourth street"

If he had raised me on the turn, i would have been convinced I was beat and folded.

Hope that helped.

Jim Kleronomos