Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2004, 11:34 PM

Default Second Place Beggar

I played one of the WCOOP satellites last week. I ended up heads up with 10K. The other player had 40K. I played it out for the win. I get mail from support that this individual wanted to contact me. I responded. He did not want to correspond via email but he finally did. He wanted me to send $50 his way saying that he had offered to split. I never got his mail. Time stamp on the mail was after the tourney was finished. You know how support is.
This guy had had his chat revoked because his "son" had said some terrible things using his account.
This guy sent several mails saying he thought he got a raw deal(I'm putting it nicely). He wanted to buy the seat at a discount. He pushed every button a scammer would think would work. He even got his wife on another email to dish out some more. He even wanted to call me on the phone.
I had decided not to deal with him anymore and figured he would get abusive. I was right. I even got some abuse from his "wife".
I told him to get some class and they both turned that back at me, saying I was a sore winner.
Has anybody else had this happen?
Old 06-25-2004, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Second Place Beggar

When I get cut off in traffic, I control my anger by thinking of the other driver as a wild animal. You can't really be mad at a wild animal; they're just going to do inexplicable things.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Second Place Beggar

Send copies of the e-mails to support and suggest they ban him. Tell him what you did and then just block his e-mails. Don't even bother to read them, unless you want to have some fun and really wind the guy up.... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

There are one or two posts about these bizarre individuals, including one a while back from someone who said he was going to kill himself....which I think I would respond "go for it". Some people's ego's are just in a very bad way.

And since when do the on-line sites allow bargaining over tourney places? That's the first I've heard, in fact I am sure I've read that it was expressly against the rules (at least on Stars). WTF are support doing? Have a go at them as well.....tee-hee