Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 12:32 AM

Default my awesome new ebay table

I already have one of those round 8 seater wooden tables with the chip wells and drink holders. It's ok, but it's a folding type with the legs awkwardly placed so that half of the seats are basically ON a leg. And it only seats 8, which is a problem when 9 or 10 of us want to play (rarely do we have 12-14 to make two decent tables).

So I'm cruising ebay to see if there are any better deals on chips for my new game, and I see a 10 seater folding oval holdem table for about 10 bucks. With 4 minutes left to bid. Of course I check the shipping, and it's 100 bucks. But still, 110 bucks. So I put in a bid of 11 bucks (max 25). And wait.

I win! (I love how they call it "winning" when you are actually "buying"!)

So now I am almost the proud owner of a new table for $113, insurance and shipping included!! I just looked for the ebay link, and the same table is being bid over $20 right now with 1 hour left.

I don't know if this link will expire, but
my new table

It looks sturdy enough. And I don't mind the drink holders. Does anyone else have this table? And if you think it blows, please don't burst my bubble: I'm very excited, almost as excited as getting my 100th post! (Guess I need to stop lurking so much and posting more, but...)
Old 06-11-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: my awesome new ebay table

There's a guy over at chiptalk.net that did a reveiw on one of these, I think its called a "Pit Boss" table. Any way he seemed pretty happy with it. Cost me $300 to build a decent one so I'd say you got off light, be sure to look into refelting it though.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a guy over at chiptalk.net that did a reveiw on one of these, I think its called a "Pit Boss" table. Any way he seemed pretty happy with it. Cost me $300 to build a decent one so I'd say you got off light, be sure to look into refelting it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info -- I checked it out on chiptalk (three cheers for Ten!), but it's not quite the same table based on the pictures and the size (mine is 84" versus 44"). The rail on "mine" also looks a little better, but who knows? And re-felting is probably the rule with a cheaper table.

I'll be sure to post a review when I get the table and have played with it for a while.

And as for getting off cheap -- even if it is a piece of sh*t, it's gotta be ok. A plain old 6' folding table from Wal-Mart costs about $60 as I remember (I use them for big BBQs and such). And I'm a total donk when it comes to building things, so I could never have done it myself. I'm sure your table is SO much nicer than anything one could buy for even $500!
Old 06-11-2005, 01:49 AM

The price is right, that's for sure.

Only problem I see is dealing across the crease and maybe felt quality.

-Ryan
Old 06-11-2005, 06:58 AM

i own the exact same one and love it...the crease in the center doesnt change a thing about how the chips or cards slide...my one complaint is that the felt is indeed really shitty quality and balls up really fast, but my favorite thing about it would have to be how the rail padding is REALLY thick, much thicker than foxwoods' rail.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:32 AM

got mine yesterday 2..... haven't opened it yet but it si heavy at 70lbs
Old 06-11-2005, 08:10 AM

Looks as if you got a good price- hopefully it works out.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:48 AM

Hey, do us a favor and let us know what you think of this table. I was thinking of building, but that doesn't look too bad, plus it folds up..
Old 06-11-2005, 08:56 PM

ya let us know. it would be much cheaper to just buy this from ebay than to try and build one yourself. but its a must to refelt it.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:16 AM

I can tell you from experience you have this great envision of how its going to turn out but when you get towards the end its almost like "get it done I dont care how it comes out". But I am sure for many others it doesnt get to that point. When I got near the end the lights that I had envisioned towards the end didnt make it to the final cut due to some bad measurement at the end.