Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Why does the dominated hand always win on stars? (LOW CONTENT)

How do you know it was just 23 times? Can you see other players cards if they muck before showdown? (I haven't ever played on Stars but on Party you can't) So if I have AK vs KT and I raise and KT calls I have him dominated. If I hit an A on the flop the caller probably will fold and I will never know if I had him dominated or maybe he had 77 or even KK and was too passive to re-raise. In those cases it was a race not a dominated hand. The 23 hands you have are only part of the incomplete picture. If you could see all the cards dealt to all the players after the hand is over then you could do a statistical analysis to determine if Stars truly has it in for you, with incomplete info, you can make no such analysis.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:06 PM

Simple solution:

If you know the dominated hand is going to win, how 'bout just getting in dominated? Every time you have A2, go all in. You'll only get in trouble if you get called by x2.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you know it was just 23 times? Can you see other players cards if they muck before showdown? (I haven't ever played on Stars but on Party you can't) So if I have AK vs KT and I raise and KT calls I have him dominated. If I hit an A on the flop the caller probably will fold and I will never know if I had him dominated or maybe he had 77 or even KK and was too passive to re-raise. In those cases it was a race not a dominated hand. The 23 hands you have are only part of the incomplete picture. If you could see all the cards dealt to all the players after the hand is over then you could do a statistical analysis to determine if Stars truly has it in for you, with incomplete info, you can make no such analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Invariably, some yokel wanders into a good flame-fest and attempts to interject with some well-intentioned analysis of OP's junk post. This is *almost* as bad as the original topic.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does the dominated hand always win on poker stars?

Over the past week I have sucked out with a dominated hand allin 100 out of 101 times on poker stars.

THIS IS AWESOME!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Oh, and you need to find a game with less variance in it if you can't take a 17/23 swing. Might I suggest high-stakes solitaire?
Old 06-17-2005, 03:20 PM

What do you mean by "yokel?" I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and reading your comment with sarcasm.

I've noticed a trend on this site that if you aren't part of the "original gang" or part of the "in crowd" your posts are dismissed. I personally don't like the vibe I am sensing here. I may be thin skinned on this (it is stretched pretty tight over this fat body), but if this continues it will just get worse and worse, with new posters being driven away by those with nifty titles and colored screen names.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:35 PM

typically this is a issue with your computer. Open up the case and check if the johnson rod needs lubing, if that fails you may have to defragg your flux capacitor.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not that it matters, because the OP's post was just another "internet poker is rigged" post, but he does say 17 out of 23 times when he was allin, which means that he can see the other players cards. im just saying, he did qualify his post.

on the other hand, its stupid anyway. 23 hands?? i know people harp on sample size too much, but this one is pretty pitiful.

ugh, im not sure why im bumping this thread... should let it die...
Old 06-17-2005, 03:57 PM

I like Poker Stars, I've won 17 of my last 23 all-ins.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:17 PM

your luckbox is broken.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:25 PM

I agree with you, people like him think they are that good, it's funny since most of what they suggest is strictly garbage....