Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Re: my awesome new ebay table

[ QUOTE ]
ya let us know. it would be much cheaper to just buy this from ebay than to try and build one yourself. but its a must to refelt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will certainly post a review when I actually get the table. I hope for the best, but as I said earlier, at $115 it would have to be a pretty crappy table to make me feel like I wasted my money, refelting or no. But you guys at home poker will certainly be the first to know whether or not the table sucks!
Old 06-14-2005, 09:42 PM

Keep us posted

would it be hard to refelt it? and how much would that cost?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:32 PM

i don't know if that table is a pitboss, but if it is, the legs are absolute crap. i bought one at a sporting goods store for $200 and the top was great, but the legs weren't sturdy which caused the center to lean in. i ended up taking the legs off the bottom and buying one of those lifetime tables and refelted the top so it doesn't have a crease anymore and it looks great.

edit- that table isn't a pitboss brand. the pitboss' have a nicer rail that only have a crease in the middle. the legs could be okay.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep us posted

would it be hard to refelt it? and how much would that cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never refelted a table myself (I am FAR from handy), but from what I've read, it doesn't seem hard. And as for cost -- who knows? A couple of yards of high-end pool table felt can't cost that much, can it?

BTW, I am very frustrated because I have no idea when I will get my table. The seller said it would ship with a few days of payment. Well, the payment went through on Monday, and it's late Thursday night, and still no word. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! Oh well...
Old 06-17-2005, 08:24 AM

In the home game I play in the guy took an old 84" oval kitchen table and covered it with pool felt. I think he said the felt cost about $75 from a pool room shop. He laid some foam down first for padding. It doesn't have a rail yet, but I don't really miss it and the high quality felt is great. If you're not sure how to put new felt on your table, get a home improvement book on re-upulstring (sp?) furniture, it's basically the same thing. Enjoy your new table.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:23 AM

[quote
Thanks for the info -- I checked it out on chiptalk (three cheers for Ten!), but it's not quite the same table based on the pictures and the size (mine is 84" versus 44").

[/ QUOTE ]

The 43.7 of the PitBoss is the folded size, so it is about 87" when set up.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:27 PM

Congrats on your awsome table

I have a related question -- I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone here -- Poker table for ME, and an extra table either for serving or dining for my wife (he he).

I'm thinking of the 8 person poker/blackjack folding table top that fits over a bridge table. It's about $35 plus shipping on 5-star (if I'm willing to take a second). Anyone think this well be stable enough for my wife's purpose.

Alternatively, when it arrives, I think your idea with the 10 person might work perfectly (assuming I can protect the felt when otherwise used) -- or is using a poker table for this purpose blasphemous??
Old 06-20-2005, 10:46 PM

Those folding tabletops are generally pretty bad: they're not stable and they shed.

There's a thread on chiptalk about an 8 person table with a reversable top: one side is a "real" table, the other is poker table (unfortunately with a WPT logo) that some people got at Sam's Club for $150 to $300. It looks really nice: despite the WPT and higher price, I might have bought this table over the one I did get.

I'd take a look, if the price is not too high:

chiptalk table thread

After all, this would be a real spare table, much nicer than any kind of folding table!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
got mine yesterday 2..... haven't opened it yet but it si heavy at 70lbs

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on, dreg! What's the table like? I already knew it was 70lbs. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Can we get a real review?

Thanks.
-Sam
Old 06-21-2005, 11:01 AM

The ebay table definitely isn't a PitBoss table.
First Ebay:

And then PitBoss:

-Sam