Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2005, 05:04 PM

Default I really need your help (personal and kinda long /w stats)

I've been playing poker full time for about 10 months now (about 16 months since I first playing on Party), and I love the game but I think that my playing days are almost over. So I jumped into the Party 3/6 games full time (because this is what we used to play live in Tucson/Phoenix) and I played just breakeven poker for about 4 months. I wasn't happy with it so I went out and bought SSH and shorty after I felt like my play was getting better (for the next 4 months). By the time I thought my play was "on the right track" I hit a 500 BB downswing and got wiped out. I was playing a TAG style (that most of you use, like 17/8/3) game and it just wasn't working for whatever reason.

After I reloaded, I signed up for 2p2 and turned into the "rock" that you guys know me as. I wanted a style that was low varience yet still exploited enough mid sized edges to pull the money in. It worked well for about 2 months and then it was back to breakeven poker again. On new years day I decided to tweak my game a bit again and here are the numbers for yoo to look at (this is from Party 5/10):

Hands: 5003
VPIP: 11.46% VPSB: 15.77%
PFR: 6.83%
Folded to steal: 89.6%/68%
Att. to steal: 16.04%
WTSD: 33.05%
W$@SD: 54.44%
Aggression: 2.1/2.4/2.32 Total: 2.24
Check/raise: 2.06%
Folded to River bet: 38.6%
Winrate: - 0.95 BB/100

AA: 3.19 BB/Hand
KK: .9
QQ: .14
JJ: 1.98
TT: .14
AKo/AKs: .58/(.44)
AQo/AQs: 1.13/.6

This doesn't look like I'm running bad. It just looks like I'm playing bad. But I dunno, I would like some opinions.

Okay, now to the important part. My winrate over the last 45000 hands is .34 BB/100, and that isn't going to pay the bills in the long run, so I have a couple questions for you fellow microers:

1) How helpful are my posts/advice?
2) Have you employed anything I have said into your play and if so, has it been helpful to your own game?

When I use my own advice (that I give on here), I don't seem to see any positive results. If my advise is worthless, I would like to know so I can rethink my strategy. If my advice is sound and it has really benefited you all, I think that it is time for me to hang um up as a poker player. Don't worry, I will still hang around and post (if you guys want me to), but I think I just wan't meant to be a full time player.

What say you? Thank you for any/all input here.

Brad