Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you paid taxes on your winnings this year?
I paid. 5 20.00%
I opted not to pay. 9 36.00%
I didn't win enough to pay taxes. 11 44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: My Reason and Phillips Poll

Well, I'll miss Paul because he's the rare example of a top-caliber poker "celebrity" that WAS willing to talk frankly and provocatively about some of the more unseemly aspects of the poker world. You might not like his point of view or his personality, but it's too bad he'll never post here again. Remember, Phillips wouldn't kiss Becky Behnen's ass to be allowed back at Binions and missed a few years of WSOP play. He only returned to the WSOP when it was sold to Harrah's. So I think there's ZERO chance Phillips will apologize to Mason so that he can post on an internet forum.

And I've never understood why some people attach so much importance to number of posts. So what if Phillips doesn't make 10 posts/day and hasn't reached Carpal Tunnel status yet?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:24 AM

I think just by banning Paul in the first place you've made his point loud and clear about this site Malmuth. I'm not a regular poster, just a learker, but the ban sticks seem to measure you and the other mod's egos to a tee.

You all want to see who has the biggest one, and you've banned Paul, gratz. Your stick is huge on an on-line chat board. I hope you feel good.

This site is rediculous. I've never seem mods interfere and cause a bigger scene around themselves than on this site.

Of course Paul should be unbanned, he should never have been banned in the first place.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

On these forums we now have approximately 40 moderators. This site would not be any where near as good without them. They put a lot of time in and take their responsibility very seriously. They also do this voluntarily. That is they get no compensation from us.

As for moderating and barring, I have delegated that responsibility to Mat Sklansky and the moderators. I don't make those decisions anymore with one exception. Since we need the moderators to help us, and their function is so important, I have no tolerance for anyone who personally attacks one of our moderators.

Now they have a right to make suggestions and to criticize how the moderation should be done and can be improved. These forums have always encouraged vigorous debate and this is just part of that process. But it is my opinion that a certain line in regard to the moderators should not be crossed and that is why Paul Phillips was banned.

But it seems like many of you either don't see it this way or want him back for other reasons. So Mat and I have decided to let the decision be up to you. So here is a poll which we will abide by.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this.. How many people have been banned from this site? Did any of them get a poll to see if they can come back? Just because he's a top caliber poker player doesnt' mean he should get a second chance. If I tell the moderaters to go F*** themselves I'm not gonna get a second chance.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phillips is allowed back

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, like it or not, a poll was made. I'm not going to start a poll on whether there should have been a poll.

The results of this poll are three to one in favor of a Paul Phillips return. The ban is lifted. For those who have not seen the other thread in regard to this banning, here it is.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:33 AM

leave it up to Matt!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:39 AM

this was so weak.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phillips is allowed back

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, like it or not, a poll was made. I'm not going to start a poll on whether there should have been a poll.

The results of this poll are three to one in favor of a Paul Phillips return. The ban is lifted. For those who have not seen the other thread in regard to this banning, here it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are we all acting like Paul Phillips begged someone to be unbanned? He left of his own free will, when he got banned he had already decided not to post again.
This is pathetic at best.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: wishful thinking...

Careful you can get banned for impersonating someone. Trust me i know. I made a similar joke once pretending to be Paul and found out the hard way. Just letting you know.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:12 AM

Mason,

I hope the results of the poll have made you aware of the degree of schmuckiness inherent to the banning and moderation practices around here.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: wishful thinking...

[ QUOTE ]
Careful you can get banned for impersonating someone. Trust me i know. I made a similar joke once pretending to be Paul and found out the hard way. Just letting you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

How come Paul Phillips got banned, but Smoothcall is still here?
Closed Thread