Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Fulltilt poker problem

Background: I play on pokerstars and 95% of my play is in SNG's. I'm not that good, I am a little below the even mark but getting better. All dollar amounts are paltry, but that's not the point.

I wanted to try a new site so I figured "why not fulltiltpoker.com, I see some pros have affiliated themselves with the site, thus it is most likely a reputable and safe site." I go against my normal play and deposit $100 to play cash games as opposed to the SNG. I play a little and I'm up about $82 but I don't like the software, and I hate playing against those corny icons, so I decide to cash out. They send me an email a day ot two later saying that they won't send a check for less than $300 so I need to set up a neteller, firepay or eteller account to have the money transferred. I don't have an account with any of those sites but that does not matter, fulltilt poker won't issue a check for less than $300. When I told the "customer service" rep that their policy should be made clear he told me that there is a popup, at some point after requesting the withdrawal, that says there is a $300 check minimum (I have not confirmed this, but if this was tru at the time, I doubt my request could have gone far enough that "customer support" needed to send an email telling me "to issue a check for under $300 is IMPOSSIBLE."
So, I deposit another $120 bucks, as recommended by fulltiltpoker, to get my balance above $300 and give them the 21 business days they say it will take to get a check cut.
It's been about 25 BUSINESS days so I sent them an email asking about the money. I was told that they can't issue a check without a driver's license and a copy of a utility bill being faxed to their office. Again, no where on the site does it say that these items are required to be paid by check. Obviously, this is not a US based corporation, so why would they need this info? It could just be a monkey in the office playing games with me, but a company's model of operation always comes from the top!

This is a paltry sum of money but, as they say, "it's the principle of the thing".

Does anyone have any advice or know anyone who can get a check sent out? Anyone else have this problem? I have the emails though they have always been cordial and matter of fact, like the way a priest is before molesting a young boy (so I hear!!)!

PS - I have a business opportunity to everyone interested:
I am going to start a basketball league, each team only needs to put up $10,000 to enter...the winning team get a $1,000,000 prize! No pros are allowed, except for my team. I am going to put only all stars on the team. Anyone wanna join and play??

I hope fulltilt fails quickly, I don't even care if I get my money as long as they go under!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt poker problem

In the time it took you to write this post you could have opened a Neteller acct. and initiated the transfer.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:27 PM

Geez in that amoun of time you could have opened a Neteller acct.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:30 PM

Very good points. Thanks for replying.

down to fulltilt poker.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:06 PM

I haven't played on a site yet that does not require your passport and drivers license, either when you open the account or at your first withdrawal. This is pretty much the norm these days.

That being said, I have a Full tilt account and likewise, do not remember seeing a pop-up that says the minimum check withdrawal is $300. I have made withdrawals, but they were made to a Neteller account.

Not much getting around this one, I'm afraid. It's either open a Neteller account, or send the required ID.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, this is not a US based corporation

[/ QUOTE ]

This site, as with 90% or so of the poker sites, is located in Costa Rica. Run by Americans, no doubt, but as it is illegal to run an online gambling business in the US there's few other places to go.

Full Tilts not as bad as some when it comes to breaking, urrrm...orbs, about withdrawals. Definately stay away from Poker Host and Americas Card Room if you don't want hassle.

By the way,I know the avatars on FT suck, but did you try playing with them shut off? Much, much better!
Old 03-09-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played on a site yet that does not require your passport and drivers license, either when you open the account or at your first withdrawal. This is pretty much the norm these days.

[/ QUOTE ]
I opened a Party account a month ago. During feb. I put $1k on there for the reload bonus and then withdrew it again. So I've opened the account and made a withdrawal and at no point was I asked for a passport or drivers license. This was all via neteller. Are you only talking about withdrawals by check?
Old 03-09-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was told that they can't issue a check without a driver's license and a copy of a utility bill being faxed to their office... Does anyone have any advice or know anyone who can get a check sent out?

[/ QUOTE ]
My advice would be to fax them the driver's license and utility bill.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:17 PM

Thanks Crix. I guess I'm trying to compare fulltilt with poserstars, an unfair comparison. The reason I say this is because no id, etc. was required from pstars for a withdrawal. Like I said, I'm not the best player, but when I win one or two $55 SNG's, I'll request a $100-$200 check and they always come within 15 days.
Forget it, I will set up a firepay account and then I will begin to screw with them!!
Old 03-09-2005, 06:25 PM

Thanks for replying guys. I just checked and they have added the "DL and Utility bill" as well as the $300 minimum when you want to get YOUR money.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forget it, I will set up a firepay account

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're starting to sound like you've got half a brain.

[ QUOTE ]
and then I will begin to screw with them!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I take back everything I said.