Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Overpair.. turn push re-raise... he has me covered?

villan a SLAG.... turn re-raise made me sick...

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) converter

MP2: Villan ($243.90)
CO ($196.75)
Button ($95.60)
SB ($424.40)
BB ($252)
UTG ($138.60)
UTG+1 ($77)
Hero ($304.35)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, MP2 : Villan calls $8, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, Villan calls $18.

Turn: ($54) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $55</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villan pushes.. I have him covered but not by much... .</font>, Hero ??

Final Pot: $164
Old 12-23-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Overpair.. turn push re-raise... he has me covered?

call and prepare to go broke

that's poker
Old 12-23-2005, 09:25 AM

I disagree, I'm folding here. Hero is not committed to this pot by any means yet and villain's line just reeks of strength. The fact that he's slightly loose makes it more likely in my opinion that he called your preflop raise with a suited connector or small pair that just made a set or two pair or straight on this board.

Change hero's read of villain to a maniac and I'm calling, but just a slightly lag person probalby isn't doing this with just one pair. Hero just made 3 very strong bets, and villain just said he doesn't care.

I'm expecting to see 77, 66, 99, J9s, 67s, T8s, 97s type hands here a LOT of the time if I call this raise, I'm also pretty sure a sLAG is re-raising QQ preflop which takes out another hand you could be beating.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:43 AM

I tend to agree with trumpman here. Hero has showed nothing but strength throughout the whole hand, and STILL villian pushes. I'm finding it hard to think of hands hero is beating. The only 1 that springs to mind is 89 and I suppose a terribly played AJ or JT. this hand is played very much like a flopped set or maybe like 10,8 if he's loose enough to call on a gutshot.

Out of interest, is every1 potting the turn? Personally I get real scared how to play hands like this when I get flat called on the flop. If I'm sure villian would reraise with a J, I'm very happy to slow down on the turn, as with the rainbow board, there's only 1 draw out there, so a lot of the time villian's got the monster
Old 12-23-2005, 08:13 PM

With the way the hand played out I aggree with grimstarr and trumpman's assesment...

I was sickened by the villans push and the only thing I could beat that I think played that way was a bad played AJ or TJ.... or a plain bluff.....

Every other hand has me in some big trouble...

JJ, 66, 77..... seem most likely to me..... AA, 99, and T8 seem a little less likely... but possible...

I do like the questioning of my line on the turn... was the pot sized bet to high? Does anyone argue for 3/4 or 2/3 or even a 1/2 pot bet?