Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 08:55 PM

Default PokerRoom.com \'Poker Pro for a Year\' promotion...any info?

Hello
I won a seat in the WPT Bellagio 5 Diamond tourney last saturday, and according to PokerRoom's website (woefully short on details), this entitles me to compete in the "poker pro for a year" promotion.

I've scoured their site and can find almost no info on this event (date, time, etc.).

I've emailed them a few times since saturday, called customer service, etc., and so far have yet to get any answers.

Any other Team PokerRoom.com folks reading this who might have some info to help?

Thanks
Old 08-30-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: PokerRoom.com \'Poker Pro for a Year\' promotion...any info?

e-mail me at jhpap86@hotmail.com.

I'll forward you my e-mail pokerroom sent me about tournament details.

Huntsky
Old 08-30-2005, 09:48 PM

much appreciated.

demo
Old 08-30-2005, 09:53 PM

can you post the basic info? I'm curious
Old 08-30-2005, 10:21 PM

We are getting closer to the “Become a poker pro tournament”! We are going to start everything off with a Bounty tournament with a bounty on all Team members who are competing in the ”Become a poker pro tournament”. So if you are planning to participate in the Become a poker pro tournament please mark down Saturday the 20th of August and the 10th of September.

The 20th of August there is a bounty tournament on the site with a bounty on ALL Team members who are participating in the “Become a poker pro tournament”. The tournament starts at 2 PM EDT. There will be a $100 bounty on each Team member. You will of course get the buy-in for free, and the Team member that makes it the furthest gets a $1,000 bonus, 2nd furthest $500 and 3rd furthest gets $250.

For you who initially said no to participating in the “Become a poker pro tournament” because of your careers or similar we have worked out a solution so you only need to go to the big tournaments, which means that it won’t affect your regular jobs that much. So now everybody can participate in the tournament. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this.

The online part of the Become a poker pro tournament takes place on the 10th of September. (Please note that if you want to compete in the “Become a poker pro tournament” you have to participate in the bounty tournament too.)

The 9 players that make it on to the off-line final table will receive info on that part of the tournament the week after the final table has been set.

You need to register for both tournaments before the 18th of August with me.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The online part of the Become a poker pro tournament takes place on the 10th of September. (Please note that if you want to compete in the “Become a poker pro tournament” you have to participate in the bounty tournament too.)

The 9 players that make it on to the off-line final table will receive info on that part of the tournament the week after the final table has been set.

You need to register for both tournaments before the 18th of August with me .

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't square at all with the following, pulled from the PokerRoom site on the Team PokerRoom page (It's still up there, and there is another WPT final tourney scheduled for Sat.)--

[ QUOTE ]
Become a Paid Poker Pro for a Year - The $18,500 package is not all you get as a member of Team PokerRoom.com! Don't forget the $240,000 Poker Pro for a Year promotion, where all Team PokerRoom.com members battle for an opportunity to spend 2006 as a paid poker pro!

[/ QUOTE ]

While I am happy as punch to have made a seat at the WPT, I have to say that when I finally decided to play the tourney, the opportunity to compete in the 'pro for a year' promo was a big part of the decision.

Since I didn't see the arbitrary behind-the-scenes deadline until after making the team, they gotta stand behind the info up on the website....I would think....hope....

https://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/.../team07Archive

Thanks a lot, Huntsky, for shedding some light on the situation.

I guess I'll just patiently wait for a response to my several emails.......