Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you crap in the backyard?
Yea I gots to go 79 55.24%
No (what do you do then)? 64 44.76%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: home game penalty for cussing - what to do?

what the [censored] is G.D.?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:08 PM

Legislate it. Start with your house. "There shall be no taking of anyone's name in vain". Then GW can have a precedent to refer. I prefer "muhammed fu****" or "allah sh**). Religion is sooo very important (and logical) that saying goddamnit should have serious consequences...other than going to hell and meeting mephostopholes!! The question is, do you still capitalize "god" in goddamnit?? Also, i receommend handing out a questionaire at the door that all players must complete before entering. Questions should include: Have you ever coveted thy neighbor's wife or possessions? Have you worked on a sunday lately? Have you, and do you continue to, honor your parents? Do you believe that Darwin was a fool and that the bible holds more factual information than years of scientific research and observation. Let me know if you need more suggestions, I have a million of them.

PS - Religion on this board offends me, too bad I don't own this forum. I'd rather lurk here but this stuff is re-goddamn-diculous!!
Old 08-12-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Legislate it. Start with your house. "There shall be no taking of anyone's name in vain". Then GW can have a precedent to refer. I prefer "muhammed fu****" or "allah sh**). Religion is sooo very important (and logical) that saying goddamnit should have serious consequences...other than going to hell and meeting mephostopholes!! The question is, do you still capitalize "god" in goddamnit?? Also, i receommend handing out a questionaire at the door that all players must complete before entering. Questions should include: Have you ever coveted thy neighbor's wife or possessions? Have you worked on a sunday lately? Have you, and do you continue to, honor your parents? Do you believe that Darwin was a fool and that the bible holds more factual information than years of scientific research and observation. Let me know if you need more suggestions, I have a million of them.

PS - Religion on this board offends me, too bad I don't own this forum. I'd rather lurk here but this stuff is re-goddamn-diculous!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa dude.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other - Apologize for being a nit, and never bring this up again.

Come on man, it's not like they're saying it in front of your kids or something. You're an adult; act like one.

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if you host a home game and someone pees in your living room you should apologize to the peeer for being a nit?

This is HIS game in HIS house. I say the players should play by HIS rules or find another place to paly. Having said that, you might lose some players because of a rule like this. I take it, though, that he's OK with that. The typical penalty in most home games I've played in (in games like lights out baseball when you peek) is match the pot. That should discourage people and should make for one wild-ass hand.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious...what's your issue with the use of G.D.?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think using the Lord's name in vain is appropriate. So, I have asked this individual on numerous occasions not to use it in my house. I don't say anything elsewhere, just at my place.

[ QUOTE ]
Is the use of G.D. ok when appropriately used?

[/ QUOTE ]
not sure what the appropriate use of it would be so I just try to avoid it. Calling on God to damn someone is a pretty tall order. I probably shouldn't have said why I was trying to decide on a appropriate penalty in the original post but I don't see the need to hide the facts. Makes coming up with a decision better. I knew the usual idiots would get in here and try to be cute but that's to be expected.

[ QUOTE ]
As a penalty, get a shiny, cute tiara that must be worn by the offender who inappropriately uses G.D.
http://www.tiaratown.com/
In my regular home game, cursing is common, encouraged even; however, the penalty for "girlie" bets is wearing the "tiara".....

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha! Okay, I think we have a winner! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I still say Jesusfuck?

[/ QUOTE ]

no...now put 3X BB in the pot.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:10 PM

Christ on a crutch?

Does Chris "Jesus" Ferguson offend you?

Seriously, the game should just be moved elsewhere. There is NO way I'd play at somenoe's house who wanted to be a nit about obscenity at a goddamn poker game.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Christ on a crutch?

Seriously, the game should just be moved elsewhere. There is NO way I'd play at somenoe's house who wanted to be a nit about obscenity at a goddamn poker game.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I would ban you from any game I hosted. I personally have no problem with swearing, but I have no patience for people who don't respect others -- particularly those hosting games. Would you also smoke in someone's house who asked you not to because you think smoking bans are stupid?
Old 08-12-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Christ on a crutch?

[/ QUOTE ]

like i said earlier

"I knew the usual idiots would get in here and try to be cute but that's to be expected."

glad you took the time to read some of my other post. I have no problem with obscenity.

ps. I like the tag. I hate the tennessee tag (I think it looks like a 5 yr old drew it. I liked our older ones.) but I like yours.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, if you host a home game and someone pees in your living room you should apologize to the peeer for being a nit?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing the point. That is, there is a line you should set as to things you make a big deal about.

Did I ever say that he doesn't have the right to not allow this in his house? As I've said before, your life will be easier if you simply don't let as much bother you.

If you piss in my house, this crosses my line, and I will rub your nose in it.

-Craig