Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 02:49 AM

Default AQs..

Hi
how do you play this hand?
UTG calls, I raise (AQc), villian 3-bets, UTG calls, I ??
UTG is 30/3 or something, Villian 22/10..

Flop 7TTc,
UTG checks, I check, villian bets..
UTG folds I call,
Turn, Kc,
I check, villian bets, I call

I know I played it maybe to passive...but I want to know how you guys would play this hand?
Old 12-09-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: AQs..

Preflop: Fine.

Flop: So basically you have 6 outs where you are definitely going all the way with the hand (3 Q's and 3 A's), and there are 10 other cards you want to see (any of the clubs, even the 7c). Now, when you hit one of those 10 outs, you have to see the river, so you are going to have to put in probably 1.5BB to see the river in these instances. There's 5.25BB in preflop, and he bet 0.5BB, so you are getting over 10:1 on your money, but really less than that because even when you do hit one of your 10 outs, you will have to probably call another bet. The 6 other outs gets you there with pot odds. In other wrods, I think calling is fine.

Turn: Ok so you hit one of those 10 outs. now you have 12 almost clean outs (any club or the other three jacks). You also might have another 3-6 outs with your Ace or your Q. Let's call it 12 outs overall (because maybe he's got that boat). I think check/calling is fine, but I also like the idea of leading out here. If he was on a mid pair or a high ace like you (AQ or AJs), this was not a card he wanted to see. Depending on his post flop aggression, this is either a check call or a bet. Without knowing villains aggression factor, I think I'm leaning towards the way you played it.

BTW, if you do hit a club or jack, and bet, and he raises, do you pop him back or just flat call
Old 12-09-2005, 03:46 AM

I play it the same way you did. Sucks being OOP. Against some players, I cap PF here. 22/10 isn't agro enough to cap.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:49 AM

looks fine, who's calling a river bet if a Q comes?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks fine, who's calling a river bet if a Q comes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I DO! I DO!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:45 AM

One question, does 7TTc mean 2 clubs? or rainbow with 1 club?

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Fine.

Flop: So basically you have 6 outs where you are definitely going all the way with the hand (3 Q's and 3 A's), and there are 10 other cards you want to see (any of the clubs, even the 7c). Now, when you hit one of those 10 outs, you have to see the river, so you are going to have to put in probably 1.5BB to see the river in these instances. There's 5.25BB in preflop, and he bet 0.5BB, so you are getting over 10:1 on your money, but really less than that because even when you do hit one of your 10 outs, you will have to probably call another bet. The 6 other outs gets you there with pot odds. In other wrods, I think calling is fine.

Turn: Ok so you hit one of those 10 outs. now you have 12 almost clean outs (any club or the other three jacks). You also might have another 3-6 outs with your Ace or your Q. Let's call it 12 outs overall (because maybe he's got that boat). I think check/calling is fine, but I also like the idea of leading out here. If he was on a mid pair or a high ace like you (AQ or AJs), this was not a card he wanted to see. Depending on his post flop aggression, this is either a check call or a bet. Without knowing villains aggression factor, I think I'm leaning towards the way you played it.

BTW, if you do hit a club or jack, and bet, and he raises, do you pop him back or just flat call

[/ QUOTE ]

You are way over-counting the number of outs. It's likely that the Q's are not outs and even possible that the A's are not outs. Only against JJ/99/(and possibly a loose 88) does the OP have 6 outs to make a better pair.

I didn't understand what the OP meant by 7TTc, but if that means 1 club, just because he turns a flush draw, that doesn't mean he's gained 9 clean outs. It's like either one of those clubs is in the villain's hand, or it makes the villain a boat.