Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: SSH Starting Hands Chart -- Limping in with A2s in EP

SSH does say that in very loose games you can limp with Axs from EP however, you really need the right kind of game to do this, loose and passive. You don't want to play this with a raise behind you. Unless you know you're going to have a lot of people in the hand.

In most games at .5/1 I don't limp first in at all and I don't play less than A9s with fewer than 3 limpers in front of me.

With hands like A5s and A2s you're looking to make 2 pair, trips, flush or a straight, unless you have 3 or fewer opponents.

Say MP2 limps, CO limps, you're in the SB with A5s, you complete and BB checks. Flop comes A84 rainbow. You will most likely have the best hand. This also depends on your reads of your opponents.

against loose opponents, you'll be fine betting your pair most of the time. Their PF raise % is also important, opponents raising 7% or more of their hands likely would've raised an A with a good kicker. If you find someone who is tight passive and you're betting into them and they call along, then I'd worry. Somone with a VP$IP of 15-17 and a PFR of less than 3, with a post flop aggression less than 1 calling you is probably trouble.

I've learned the # of opponents, type of opponents and your position are very important with this type of hand.

I don't like playing these weak suited aces up front, they are hard to play out of position and if there is a raise behind you, you'll wish you would've folded.

I've still got lots of learning to do, just sharing what I feel comfortable with this far.

If I need to be corrected anywhere, someone please do so.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: SSH Starting Hands Chart -- Limping in with A2s in EP

You made a nice post Rusty.

I am not sure that anything you suggested needs to be corrected.

In fact I think there has been a lot of good advice in this thread.

Play Ax(s) in loose passive games, where lots of players are seeing the flop and you can get in cheaply.

Obviously hope to get a flush draw, and play top pair cautiously against a big field.

If you end up with top pair against only a few opponents, then of course you can afford to be more aggressive.

But just remember that a lot of players at low limits (and apparently even at higher limits) love to play any Ace.