Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Okay, I really have to know.

[ QUOTE ]

I ask, because many men seem to (also) assign that term to a woman who won't take any crap off of anyone, male or female, who will NOT in effect, 'lie down and take it with a smile', but who instead gives as good as she gets (in other words, she can take it, but she can dish it out just as good too).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hot.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:32 PM

Yep. The traits I look for in a woman are (apart from physicalities) independance, passion, ambition, and honestly a sarcastic sense of humor (else they'll hate me).

These are all fantastic qualities, and mistakenly many women will say that a woman as "strong" as this will scare men, intimidate them, and drive them away. Not so... but there is another type of woman, who has some of these traits, but is also ruthless, "untouchable", wants a man to be a puppy she can train. That is unacceptable. They are not God's gift to penises. They are raging b*tches and if they were men, everyone would treat them so.

However, in this new society, where gay men and women are given every leeway (Im not hating, but its true... look around) and straight men are the new scapegoat, these type of women are praised, petted and told what amazing creatures they are.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep. The traits I look for in a woman are (apart from physicalities) independance, passion, ambition, and honestly a sarcastic sense of humor (else they'll hate me).

These are all fantastic qualities, and mistakenly many women will say that a woman as "strong" as this will scare men, intimidate them, and drive them away. Not so... but there is another type of woman, who has some of these traits, but is also ruthless, "untouchable", wants a man to be a puppy she can train. That is unacceptable. They are not God's gift to penises. They are raging b*tches and if they were men, everyone would treat them so.

However, in this new society, where gay men and women are given every leeway (Im not hating, but its true... look around) and straight men are the new scapegoat, these type of women are praised, petted and told what amazing creatures they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.urbancougar.com
Old 11-08-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree ... the problem is ... most men, especially those under 30 tend to THINK with their penises. In other words, their brain resides between their legs, instead of between their ears.

I have a grown son, who will be 26 in March. He had one of those types of women that he lived with for 3 years, and she truly WAS a Bitch.

She tried her best to drive a wedge between myself and my son, and the more she tried, the more she failed, and the more she hated me, and tried to drive the wedge deeper.

Not only that, but she was an abuser. One time my son left his dirty undershorts on their bedroom floor, after a shower, and forgot to put them in the hamper.

He was exausted, as he'd been working two jobs to make ends meet, and went to bed. The next thing he knew, he was being beaten awake by her, and she was screaming at him about how could he not put his undershorts in the hamper.

She then ordered him out of the house (it was her house), and when he refused (he paid half the rent), she called the cops and tried to tell him HE beat her.

Well, the cops took ONE look at him, and the blood dripping down from his scalp, and said "Sir, do you wish to press domestic abuse charges against this woman??", which just infurated her even more.

Being his mother, when he showed up at my house, I was livid at her (and I'm too much of a lady to say here what I said about her and what I wanted to do to her, until my son stopped me), and we took pictures of his injuries just in case she was able to twist things around, later on down the road.

Well, he moved out but here she comes ... sweet talking him, wagging her butt at him ... pretty soon .. you know who (or rather, what) was doing the thinking for him again.

Back and forth it went, almost 3 years in total, until he finally shed this Bitch this past summer.

He's got a new girlfriend, one I like and get along with.

However, my point is ... I had a guy once tell me this:

[ QUOTE ]
When the 'little head' is doing the thinking, there will be HELL to pay later on.

[/ QUOTE ]

and from what I've observed, that is pretty much the case indeed.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:21 PM

The types of women you are describing are often deeply affected and have self-esteem issues. They are constantly trying to proove themselves for one reason or another. Perhaps they couldn't live up to their family's expectations or they feel disadvantaged in a male-dominated world or they are just fighting depression or some other emotional disorder. I am, unfortunately, attracted to this type of woman. They have a very difficult time putting any sort of focus on a person other than themselves.

What I really want to find is a strong woman who doesn't find the need to proove herself. Someone who is comfortable enough in their own skin to be able to accept someone else in their life.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What I really want to find is a strong woman who doesn't find the need to proove herself. Someone who is comfortable enough in their own skin to be able to accept someone else in their life.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what most guys thinking with their "big heads" (great post cincy) want. We see passion, ambition, intellect, and drive as very attractive... but when these things are all a ploy, or are a facade put there to hide the truth, the woman is sliding down a slippery slope.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:47 PM

This is a funny topic.

I have a history of dating women who intimidate a lot of men, for a variety of reasons (looks, height, career, attitude). I tend to be attracted to outgoing women who stand out in a crowd.

Thinking about it now, none of these women were the "top" in our relationship - their love life was the one area where they wanted to feel feminine and sheltered.

I call BS on a lot of the "feminazi" crap - every single woman I've ever been with has looked to me to sack up and be the frickin' man. If there is a problem in our society, I think the problem may actually be with the men, not the women: our society doesn't reward backbone enough, so not enough guys develop one.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:14 PM

To be honest I believe the only people intimidated by these "powerful women" are in fact other women. Not all women obviously but some none the less. All the guys I know don't take things seriously enough to be intimidated.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your def of "powerful women?" Women in position of authority, i.e., your boss? Decisions makers who(m) affect your job? Hillary Clinton?

I'm being serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hillary Clinton a powerful woman? You have to be kidding! To be powerful you have to be successfull usually through thier own moxie. I can not recall anything that Hillary has ever accomplished on her own. Hillary is a good example of a hard ass spoiled bitch.

A better example of a powerful woman would be C. Rice, Sandra Day O'conner, Elizabeth Dole, Barbra Boxer, Margret Thatcher, Camile Pagella, and the CEO of eBay.

Do you see why?

I am being serious.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I want to know something honestly. Are there any, and I mean ANY men out there intimidated by "powerful" women?

Im not intimidated by anyone I've ever met... not that Im special, Im just proud of who I am and how I got here.

I think that this is a case of the "Powerful" women who also happen to be bitches, being told that men are scared because they're powerful. No. We're not scared, you're just a raging bitch.

I dont understand it... when men act that way, they're called pigs, and thoughtless and a-holes. When women act that way, they're called "powerful"... I know boobs are great, but come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

A show about scantily clad women, and a bunch of men talking about all the ass they got the weekend prior is vulgar. If girls do it, it's 'fun,' 'empowering,' and wins awards. Deal with it.