Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Capped Pre-flop - monotone flop and turn

5 handed game.

I'm UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise. The CO 3-bets (he is 36/24), The button caps (he is 33/17). Blinds fold I call, CO calls. My impression is that both of them are pretty unpredicatble.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, CO checks, Button checks. I was hoping to get a check-raise in.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Should I bet or check?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:24 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Capped Pre-flop - monotone flop and turn

with a big club I'd imagine either of them would bet. I think the most likely holdings for them are A high no flush, a pocket underpair, or a flopped flush. I'd check because it doesn't seem like you can trust them to not raise without a flush. if it's one back to me I call. if it goes bet-call then that's tough. it would be nice if you could call and hope the river gets checked through, but that's unlikely so you probably have to fold. if it goes bet-fold or check-bet, I would call and decide again
Old 10-11-2005, 12:26 PM

hey Max,

I'd bet here. While the flop check-through may be some sneaky monster, i think it's almost never a set because they'd fear the free card to the flush, and a flush would bet because the K is an action card. I think it's more likely you are up against hands like AQ or JJ or random junk, and you have to protect your hand.

Surf
Old 10-11-2005, 12:27 PM

Bet-fold.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:54 PM

this one is really tough. against unpredictable opponents i would check. i really doubt youre ahead here, but of course im not ready to give up yet. CO could easily have a club, AA or a set of jacks, button is a little more confusing.

if you check and the CO bets and button calls im definitely folding. youre in a reverse implied odd situation with little chance of being ahead.

i thought about this for a while and couldnt come up with anything decisive other than that i dont like overcalling the turn. hopefully my comments were worth something tho. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 03:20 PM

I checked and it was checked around.

The river was an off-suit 4. I bet, the CO called with AJo and my hand was good.