FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 7 vs. 10
Jerry Remy 24 25.81%
Dan Dierdorf 69 74.19%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: New Partymine sugesstions

[ QUOTE ]
About moving the HHF files (i sent this to Bill via PM too, but i thought it was important):

[/ QUOTE ]

The files wouldn't be able to be moved while you have the table open, so it probably wouldn't be a very useful feature.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:06 AM

I am definitely willing to betatest this.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:23 AM

Haven't checked in on this in a while...any updates Bill?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:09 PM

Just checking in to let you know you have people interested. Can't wait!
Old 12-09-2005, 09:44 AM

Updates for 12/9 7:30am its FRICKIN cold outside!

but as for the new datamine program, Made some pretty big bounds in functionality this week on a limited time schedule. This puppy should play very nice if you want to open tables on your own play tables or whatever its shaping up nicely. I need some suggestions for a name if yall want to help out with that...The program itself is obviously taking a little longer than I thought it would, mainly because I've been busy at work and am not exactly thrilled to come home and do more of it :P but if I had to guess again I'd say about 70% complete 25% quality tested...
Old 12-09-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need some suggestions for a name if yall want to help out with that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Goldmine, goldminer, infomine, infominer, miner, hellavaminingprogram,
Old 12-09-2005, 01:48 PM

automine

i wrote goldmine as well as it has a nice ring to it (although i was beaten to the punch)
Old 12-09-2005, 02:41 PM

Supamine, suparmine, supermine
Old 12-09-2005, 02:54 PM

MegaMiner.

MultiMiner.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:05 PM

I just realized something while sitting on my thinking throne (aka crapper).

It will be quite infeasible to actually have PT auto-importing while you run this mining program. Let me elaborate. I intend to use this to basically mine every party game with 9+ players at 1,000NL and up, and 10/20 and up. There are approx 80 such tables open on any given night.

I have actually managed to open all of them (~80) manually and tried having PT auto-import from those 80 HHF files, but those 80 tables use so much of my system resources, that trying to have PT auto-import from them while they were all open would invariably cause my system to crash or act all crazy (and i have a decent system w/ 1Gig of RAM). This is because PT will attempt to re-start the auto-import timer before the previous import has finished...usually this isn't much of a problem, but you'll have so much [censored] open that it will often cause everything to explode/crash)

So the solution I came up with was to just let the HHF files accumulate, and then BEFORE CLOSING THE PARTY CLIENTS, copy them to a desktop folder I created just for this purpose (so they aren't erased when u close the Party clients). Then I close all the Party clients and re-copy those HHF files into the Party parent directory (where the HHF files are spawned in the first place), and THEN open up PT and auto-import them all (because then the actual tables won't be open, so it won't tax your system as much). After a full night's worth of mining, that auto-import captures around 20 - 30 thousand hands and takes 1 to 2 hours.

But as far as I can tell, that's really the only way to do it...so something for those of you planing on mining very large number of tables will probably want to devise some scheme like this, because a straight auto-import of 80+ tables (with the mining program continuously opening and closing tables and PT trying to auto-import everything) will tax your system to the point of inoperability.