Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 04:11 PM

Default KK on a friendly board, when to take foot off gas?

Per PokerTracker, UTG+1 is TAG

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (15.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB

How would y'all have played this one?
Old 05-23-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: KK on a friendly board, when to take foot off gas?

The stop n go's always look suspicious to me. They never seem to have any consistency with what they mean. I think the turn raise is probably fine, but I would just call the river bet.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:16 PM

probably on the river raise i guess. only preflop capping hand we beat at this point are AK and QQ.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:17 PM

I think you played the hand fine. The only street I might play differently is the river, simply because the sng on every street is a little wierd, and a 3bet would suck. But most likely he has QQ and is worried about your KK,AA, but doesn't want to give a free card to AK,AQ.

-Jaran
Old 05-23-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 is TAG

[/ QUOTE ]

Might want to rethink that read; there is pretty much no hand that UTG+1 could have that is correct to play this way.

I play the same as you up to the river, where I'd just call hoping to induce an overcall from UTG. The only reasonable hand you're ahead of is QQ; more often I think you're splitting with another KK or losing to AA. If UTG overcalls, you're winning the same as if you raise and UTG folds, and you don't risk getting 3-bet with a hand you're going to have to show down.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played the hand fine. The only street I might play differently is the river, simply because the sng on every street is a little wierd, and a 3bet would suck. But most likely he has QQ and is worried about your KK,AA, but doesn't want to give a free card to AK,AQ.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back, sir.

I play this hand the same way. Especially seeing he doesn't 3-bet the river.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Per PokerTracker, UTG+1 is TAG

[/ QUOTE ]

No he's not. LOL. He donked you twice.

I can't really think what villian could possibly have here that he would play it like this. UTG looks to be on a flush draw. This is just weird. It looks like villian likes his hand and wants you to help him protect it. I'm guessing a big pocket pair. I probably play it the same but sometimes I'll call the river because two of the three pocket pairs we have covered just made a set. I really don't think he's got AA or else he would've three bet us.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think he's got AA or else he would've three bet us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't quite believe it myself when i saw it.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (9.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (15.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has Ac Ah (one pair, aces).
Hero has Kd Kc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 19.75 BB. </font>
Old 05-23-2005, 05:22 PM

That was so weird.. maybe he was tired.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:42 PM

I think I am just calling the river. I'd play the rest the same.