Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: i think bad flops are the most painful

I joined Absolute last Wednesday for their 200% bonus, and found the tables to be extremely tight on Wednesday & Thursday (20% to 25% to see the flop). This weekend there were many tables with 35% to 45% to see the flop. I've made a small profit (nit counting the bonus) just playing straight out of the sshe tight starting hand strategy.

As far as missing the flop, I seem to have a big problem with this when dealt AK. Thru 5000 hands I am showing negetive results with AK, but am winning nicely with AQ,KQ,KJ & QJ. Probably just a run of bad luck for AK, but the bigger problem is that I have a hard time letting go of these hands when they don't improve. I went back and replayed many of these hands on PokerTracker, and I was just giving money away continuing with AK UI into the big betting rounds. I gotta learn to let these go. But after missing with them 6 or 7 times in a row, you just know their due to come in by the river and want to keep playing ui.

Enjoy Life!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: i think bad flops are the most painful

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone else have this frustration? in no-limit this can eat a ton of chips and worse put you on a mini-tilt which can just devour your chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why bankroll is so very important. With a bankroll big enough to cover these streaks, you will attach less emotion to your starting hands.

It is painful, but as poker-players we have to strive to overcome our emotions. I'd recommend picking up "The Tao of Poker" by Larry Phillips.