Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Blind steal, Flush draw + 2 overs

BB is loose passive calling station.

I'm not sure I like any of it...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 11-01-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Blind steal, Flush draw + 2 overs

preflop, flop and turn are all standard.

you can check and fold the river against most opponents.

blake
Old 11-01-2005, 06:14 PM

because he is loose passive i don't like the 3-bet wich i might do occasionally otherwise. given the 3-bet i would contineu betting, with an other river card i would check fold
Old 11-01-2005, 06:18 PM

That was my thought looking back at the hand. Since he was passive, the flop raise probably meant he has a pair and isn't folding, so I can stop trying to semibluff.

I guess a better line against a passive opponent, is when he raised me on the flop, just call down, fold the river UI.

-- Kevin
Old 11-01-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was my thought looking back at the hand. Since he was passive, the flop raise probably meant he has a pair and isn't folding, so I can stop trying to semibluff.

I guess a better line against a passive opponent, is when he raised me on the flop, just call down, fold the river UI.

-- Kevin

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't that it is a semibluff. We have slightly more than 50% equity with 12 outs and probably have at least another out or two on average, so it seems to come down to what the raise does to our implied odds. If we're significanly more likely to pick up an extra BB or two when we take a passive line, then it looks like the way to go. Otherwise I have no problem with the flop 3-bet.

We can probably also check the turn after 3-betting the flop and and have it checked through sometimes given your read. Seems more likely than a fold to a continuation bet if he sees a lot of showdowns, anyway.

As you played it I check/fold the river.