Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Confused on Turn, Stars 10:15 $11+R

I've got about 11k at the start of this hand, and villian has me covered by a good bit. He just moved to the table a few hands ago. Blinds are 100/200.

Villain limps UTG, folded to me in BB, I have ATo and check. I didn't know what to make of his UTG limp, I would normally raise, but didn't here for some reason.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet 400, he calls.
Turn (t1300) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet 600, he raises to 2200. I feel like I ought to fold here, but I really think he could be screwing around with me. What's my best plan?
Old 10-21-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Confused on Turn, Stars 10:15 $11+R

i probably go into check call mode after he calls my flop bet (re-evaluating at each street)

but leading out like that, yea i think you can fold, draws came in, lots of hands beat you, lots of your stack.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Confused on Turn, Stars 10:15 $11+R

This is a tough hand. We're not pot committed now, but I feel like no matter what line we take most(if not all) our chips are going in here. I don't see how many hands he's going to raise here that we are ahead of...

any Ax pair + FD will likely have a bigger kicker than ours b/c a 4-hi flush kicker isn't going to inspire raising confidince. I think we're beat here alot(66 flush,betterA? I don't know what type of limping standards this type of player has here...don't forget AA/QQ that could have been trapping PF), and the times we are ahead we're barely ahead...worse As will have 9 outs to tie or better, and any fd adds 9 more outs.

There aren't too many hand combos that are ahead hhere given a limping range, but the key is that all the ones that we beat would just keep calling down in position IMO, since there's no reason for him to think we are drawing and raise for a free SD.

That said, I dunno if I could fold it in the moment, but I think it's a fold here.

Surf