Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 07:16 PM

Default KJo, TPGK

Villain is 54/9/.58, after only 65 hands

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Standard iso raise after one weak limper?

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

So my thinking is, he could have two pair, but he could just as easily have a weak K, A8, or getting frisky with a PP or even a flush draw.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero ...

Okay so now I'm getting the distinct impression I'm beat. Should I call down from here?

-- Kevin
Old 08-12-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: KJo, TPGK

[ QUOTE ]
Standard iso raise after one weak limper?

[/ QUOTE ]

K/J off is too weak of a hand to raise. If it was suited then a raise is a good move.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay so now I'm getting the distinct impression I'm beat. Should I call down from here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold here. If you go by the stats you've collected on the villian (VPIP% 54/PFR 9/Aggression 0.58), he plays a lot of hands but he isn't very aggressive after the flop with those hands. Having him bet out and re-raise you is a strong sign that he has a good hand. However, if you don't like folding, I would recommend checking and calling through the river. Hope this helps. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2005, 07:42 PM

preflop is a little to LAG.

folding looks okay here against said player.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:45 PM

Okay so that's two votes against the PF raise. Is this because of my position, with too many players yet to act behind me? If I were in later position, after one weak limper, the raise would be okay?
Old 08-12-2005, 07:54 PM

Depending on the game, KJ can be a fine hand to raise in this position for value, not just for isolation.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:58 PM

If I were you I would not raise preflop but bet and reraise the flop. Since you did raise PF and your stats on villain show him as passive I guess you are at least against a two pair. You should call the raise and hope to pair your J or get trips.

I don't understand why you are rasing this turn. If you want to protect your hand you should have reraised the the flop it would have been much cheaper to fold to a raise by villain which you definatelly should do now.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:10 PM

I like the PFR, and your postflop play looks good. I call down from here. It'll be a weaker K often enough. The pot is getting pretty large.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay so that's two votes against the PF raise. Is this because of my position, with too many players yet to act behind me? If I were in later position, after one weak limper, the raise would be okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

factors against raising.

1) utg limpers are generally tighter, so your edge against his hand may be nonexistent

2) your position with lots of players to act behind you

3) with the combination of 1 and 2, it then leads to the question about the strength of your hand. don't get carried away with KJo.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:33 PM

I don't think I like the turn raise. Nobody else has a problem with it?
Old 08-12-2005, 09:43 PM

I fold to the turn 3-bet. I think we're toast here.

I don't think I raise the turn if I want to see a SD. For the same 2 BBs I could call the turn and a river bet.