Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Big pot, do I just keep calling?

SB is 25/17/1.93, MP is 31/13/1.68

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

I think if I'm facing two cold after the turn, I have a fold. I'm no fan of the fold button, but I thought about it. So should I bring myself to fold getting 11-1, then 15.5-1, then 18.5-1?
Old 01-30-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Big pot, do I just keep calling?

Easy fold when SB bets into you on the turn.

You capped it on the flop, told them you really liked your hand, and they said [censored] you.

The flush draw hit, maybe one of them has a set, either way odds are very good you have absolutely no outs.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:58 PM

What hand do you put SB on to fold the turn for 1BB?

It seems like AA is ruled out since there wasn't a cap preflop. I don't think you'll see A5 or A6 after the PF raise out of position, so it seems that the most likely hands that would cap the flop and lead the turn are 55, 66 and... AK.

I would pop that turn to put the heat to MP, and if he 3bet or it was capped I'd really start believing I was beat. But it would take more than a single bet on the turn to convince me of that, especially with two aggressive players.

EDIT: MP could have A5, A6, or a set, but I think the passive turn play resigns you to calling down without any further information. If you raise, then get 3bet by MP on the turn, you can be fairly sure you're no good.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold when SB bets into you on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are going to be folding way to many times against an AK or AQ, or a hand you still have odds to draw against (A5, A6, AT)
Old 01-30-2005, 10:07 PM

You guys seem to ignore MP's presence in the hand.

You may, at best, tie with the SB, but you've got a guy behind you who couldn't have been more clear that he was drawing for his flush if he laid his cards flat on the table.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys seem to ignore MP's presence in the hand.

You may, at best, tie with the SB, but you've got a guy behind you who couldn't have been more clear that he was drawing for his flush if he laid his cards flat on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt say calling MP down was a good play, I was just mearly saying folding when SB bets into you again on the turn is a mistake.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:36 PM

That's another problem I had with this hand. I think I could have folded on the turn after MP raised. Does anyone think about raising here and folding to a threebet? If you're just called, what's your plan on the river?
Old 01-30-2005, 10:57 PM

You're probably right, I doubt I'd actually fold to SB's bet, but I think if you go that route you have to be willing to lay it down if MP raises.

Obviously I think calling 3 bets for a showdown is -EV here.