Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Poker tracker for MTTs

Will poker tracker help with my mtts? How will it help?

Also I couldn't find this on search.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Poker tracker for MTTs

Yes.

It helps you find big hand, hands you have trouble with, etc.

Also, if you have it running during a tournament, you can put together stats for your opponents during the game. (You have to enter the names manually, which is a pain, but worth the trouble.) Knowing who is seeing 45% of the flops but only raises AA or KK is pure gold. The same is true for a guy who tries to steal 40% of the time, 'cause you can resteal at opportune moments. I find there is a difference between knowing that someone is stealing "too much" and that he is stealing "42.5%" of the time. It also shows you show-down hands that appear in the HH, but not on the screen.

Sam
Old 10-31-2005, 10:53 AM

So this would be a big help? Is there a website that has a guide for it?
Old 10-31-2005, 10:56 AM

I just started doing it, but I think it's great.

I'm not sure what you mean by asking if there is a guide. Have a look at the pokertracker website and they have a forum dealing with all manner of questions.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:58 AM

I highly reccomend pokertracker. First chance I had, I plopped down the 55 bucks to get that program, great help to your game and has a good interface to go back and watch hands that you played to see what you might have done right or wrong, to improve your game, as well as showing FP$IP, PFR%, and how aggressive you are.

Worth every penny, IMO. They have a 1000 hand trial for you to try out at their website if you've never used it to try for yourself before you buy to see if you like it or not.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So this would be a big help? Is there a website that has a guide for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Bet-the-pot.com has a PT guide but I'm not sure if they have anything on MTTs but check that out. I mainly use it for record keeping but you can check out to see if you're playing good/bad or running good/bad by reviewing your HHs and bustout/major hands which is nice.

There is also a 1k hand trial version which is enough for quite a few if you don't get deep and enough for about 4 if you get deep in them.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:58 AM

as others said, there's a 1k hand trial version. not sure if you can erase all the hands after a tourney and still have room for another 1k, but if so, you can use it for all of the in-tourney stuff.

also get pokerace. that's been free but soon will charge $29 for full version and free trial. it's great. it puts stats on the screen and also the showdown hands. and sam's you don't have to enter names in if you use pokerace.

i play sometimes on paradise/bodog where PT doesn't work my game is always much crappier.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:29 PM

I use PT and PA and love them both. Helps me discover leaks in my game. Highly recommended.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as others said, there's a 1k hand trial version. not sure if you can erase all the hands after a tourney and still have room for another 1k, but if so, you can use it for all of the in-tourney stuff.

also get pokerace. that's been free but soon will charge $29 for full version and free trial. it's great. it puts stats on the screen and also the showdown hands. and sam's you don't have to enter names in if you use pokerace.

i play sometimes on paradise/bodog where PT doesn't work my game is always much crappier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had no idea about PokerAce. Sounds like a must-have, no?
Old 10-31-2005, 12:47 PM

yeah. it's like playerview, but better and cheaper.