Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 09:52 PM

Default A few difficult overbet shoves, 3 handed hand reading.

Villain is rednosesam. Been very aggro/crazy lately. Last week he was my bitch, everytime we got the money in I was way ahead. I stacked him numerous times last week, I don't know if he remembers or is thinking about this while we are playing right now. But I know I would be. 3rd player is none other than the devil himself. Throughout these hands red nose has been controlling the pace, at least imo. At the time I was on a few other tables and doing some other stuff, basically not playing my A game/not concentrating as much as I should have been. All of these hands happened within 20 minutes of each other. It's hard to tell whether he is just steam rolling or actually hitting, mostly because I haven't had the sac to look him up yet. Thoughts on some of these?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $25 BB (3 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($4803)
SB ($5120)
Hero ($6317)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $75</font>, Hero calls $50.

Flop: ($150) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $600</font>, SB calls $450.

Turn: ($1350) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1350) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2000</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3350

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $25 BB (3 handed) converter

Button ($4938)
SB ($4646)
Hero ($6659)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $50</font>, SB calls $40, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $200</font>, Button folds, SB calls $150.

Flop: ($450) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $450</font>, SB calls $450.

Turn: ($1350) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1350) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1800</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3150

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $25 BB (4 handed) converter

Button ($2405)
SB ($4033)
Hero ($7344)
UTG ($2561.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $225</font>, SB calls $150.

Flop: ($450) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($450) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $450</font>, Hero calls $450.

River: ($1350) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1350</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2700

BTW, these are posted in reverse order, by mistake I just did the first ones I saw in PT...don't know if it matters.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: A few difficult overbet shoves, 3 handed hand reading.

the first 2 are easy folds... i dont even consider not folding, although i might pretend i did... the last hand is interesting and i would most likely call him.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:07 PM

You have a very easy bet on the turn in hand 1 IMO
Old 12-12-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the first 2 are easy folds... i dont even consider not folding, although i might pretend i did... the last hand is interesting and i would most likely call him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, what changed from the turn to river?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:03 PM

Hand 1 looks fine, he has you beat. (I would have just called his flop bet and then evaluated what he did on the turn, though)

And bet the turn in hand 2!

Ugly river, but maybe he'll fold his holding to your turn bet, or you'll be able to see a free showdown.

And I would look him up in hand 3. I think 50/50 you win that one.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:14 PM

I call 2 and 3 probably.

EDIT: bet the turn in hand 2.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:07 AM

first two are terrible river cards. I don't see the reason for no bet w/ jt ? check behind on river or value bet is the question on a non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

last - i'm not sure what you're hoping to catch here?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:18 AM

Hand 1: easy fold

Hand 2: bet the turn. How likely is he to check a hand that’s beating you on this board, unless you’ve been v aggro. So many rivers you don’t want to see. I’d call a check-raise push aswell.

When you check the turn, you open yourself up to a bluff on the river because villain knows that you can’t check behind there with a big hand. Villain can’t really be value betting 45/56 on this river because it either looks like you had nothing/draw with you’re turn action and so you’re not gonna have a hand to pay him off.

So for me he either has the straight with 78/89/8xh or probably a busted flush. The chances he’s bluffing a busted flush go up because he knows you probably don’t have much and he knows that even if you have a one pair hand it’s gonna be tough to look him up because the river’s such a scare card.
With this reasoning though he shouldn’t need to overbet the river, but maybe that’s incase you had some sort of hand (JT?) and to convince you to fold.

So I’d go out on a limb and call the river as I feel he’ll have busted hearts enough of the time.

Hand 3: As someone else said, nothing has changed from turn to river. Again he probably would expect a big hand to raise him on the turn, so he probably puts you on a weak made hand or a draw,with a draw more likely.
He might be more inclined to check call with a decent hand on this river to induce a bluff from you. So I’d figure there was greater than a 1/3 chance you were ahead on this river and make the call.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: bet the turn. How likely is he to check a hand that’s beating you on this board, unless you’ve been v aggro. So many rivers you don’t want to see. I’d call a check-raise push aswell.:

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling a CR on the turn in Hand 2 would be a VERY bad idea IMO.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling a CR on the turn in Hand 2 would be a VERY bad idea IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I probably got a little carried away there.
I just thought it would be an odd line to take with a strong made hand.