Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Someone please help me explain this to my mother

I don't think you're in any position to say what maximizes her money. And certainly imputing charitable motives to her or implying or inferring that she's one of those rare souls who doesn't care about money is pushing pretty hard on a foundation that falls somewhere between very shaky and non-existent.

If you have to "believe" what's happening, it's not a fit way to think for an adult. It should stand up to scrutiny with or without belief or desire.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:55 PM

You can't take James Randi seriously. He can't even handle a single shot of vodka. Though I'll never understand where Potsie came up with a shot of vodka backstage of a high school auditorium.

(Even though you young guys won't get that one, I can only hope you can recognize it, like I had to figure out references to Rochester and Festus in my younger days. But seriously, Randi's the man.)
Old 12-05-2005, 10:43 PM

These "Psychics" are scam artists pure and simple. A lot of them try to rationalize what they do as "therapy" that they're giving people closure etc etc. And thats just them scamming themselves, they're using people's fond memories of lost loved ones to mainipulate and steal from people. Its disgusting.

If you want to see how cold reading works, then The penn and teller [censored] show does a great job of it.

And on the topic of James Randi, he's had an offer for decades now to give One Million Dollars to anyone who can show him a real psychic ability, it has yet to be claimed. So this woman really has these incredible powers why is she taking donations and not going to collect from Randi?