Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 02:34 AM

Default WSOP Main Event CAP

I have it on some good authority that everyone that has been speculating about the cap or limit to the players that will be allowed to enter the Main Event at this year's WSOP is much different than what you all are thinking.

Additionally, I am hearing that the entry fee will be increased next year.

If you want to know how I might have access to such information, then do a search on my posts, you might find the reason why.

Good luck to all 2+2ers who have won seats or buying their way into any events this year.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: WSOP Main Event CAP

So is the purpose of this post to tell us that you have information we don't?
Or are you just wetting our appetites before you tell us?
-SC
Old 05-15-2005, 02:38 AM

Tell us, tell us, tell us!
~Justin
Old 05-15-2005, 02:46 AM

Thats great you know all this, but it would be even better if you told us what it is you know
Old 05-15-2005, 08:57 AM

this post in thehendonmob forum seems to be up to date

6600 cap
Old 05-15-2005, 09:01 AM

I'm surprised they're going 2000+200 daily, vs. 11-handed.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have it on some good authority that everyone that has been speculating about the cap or limit to the players that will be allowed to enter the Main Event at this year's WSOP is much different than what you all are thinking.

Additionally, I am hearing that the entry fee will be increased next year.

If you want to know how I might have access to such information, then do a search on my posts, you might find the reason why.

Good luck to all 2+2ers who have won seats or buying their way into any events this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who gives a [censored] how you have access to such information. Why would you make a post stating that you know something about something but aren't going to tell us what you know?

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this post in thehendonmob forum seems to be up to date

6600 cap

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care what the dude from HendonMob says and I'm certainly not dis-crediting his statements or who he may have heard them from.

But, I will clue you in a little bit. Harrah's has realized that they may sell this out and the ability to add another 2000 or so players is quite lucrative.

They are thinking of 11-handed play (they are limited to 200 tables due to space requirements) and they are also discussing adding an additional day 1 to the schedule.

If they go 11-handed AND if they add a 4th day 1, the cap could go even higher than 8800, as they can work in alternates like they did last year. It all depends on how greedy management wants to be or how much money they think they'll make. However, I don't think they want to go much higher than 8800 as they are limited to 2200 on Day 2 (11-handed).

A friend of mine's wife is in marketing for Harrah's and my wife and I met with them for dinner last week in Vegas on vacation. Her husband is a former dealer for Harrah's New Orleans. He is now a stay-at-home dad and she's an exec.

If management wants a higher cap, they'll get it pending there are not any NGC and Fire Marshall issues, regardless what a TD or Assistant TD say right now.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:23 PM

Doing this would add 2 extra days to the ME so I doubt they will do this. They would have to add another day for Day 2's as well which would bump back the final day to the 17th, the havoc this would cause with hotel reservations and what not will likely force them not to make this last second change.
~Justin
Old 05-15-2005, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Doing this would add 2 extra days to the ME so I doubt they will do this. They would have to add another day for Day 2's as well which would bump back the final day to the 17th, the havoc this would cause with hotel reservations and what not will likely force them not to make this last second change.
~Justin
They could do it and add one day (a 4th Day 1, and NOT a second Day 2). They wouldn't have to add a second day 2 b/c they have room for 200 tables on Day 2 (that's 2000 10-handed, 2200 11-handed). That would give them the ability to play 2000 or so on each of the Four Day 1's down to about 500, giving them 2000 on Day 2. From what my friend said, they did think about adding two days, but decided definitely NOT to do that b/c that would put the final on a Sunday and they know people want to travel on Sunday's, giving plenty of exposure to a Saturday Final Table.