Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 05:34 AM

Default 1/2 hand at the end of a crazy game

It took me a little while to post this hand and for a while I didnt think it was even worth posting... but its been nagging at me so here's the situation and hand.

The limits discussed in this hand are mid-low limit but the stack sizes made me question where I should post this hand, but I decided that this was probably the best place. I am sorry if I am incorrect about where I posted.

I'd been playing in a local 1/2 no limit game that I've gone to probably five times this year with a decent amount of success. It's a pretty solid game, but it does have enough weak spots for it to be worth my while to play there. The game starts around 5pm and runs until around 6am (once until 1030am)and I usually arrive around midnight and buy in for the maximum, which is $200. However, by this point, some of the stacks are well over $500. This I feel must give some form of advantage in that I'm fresh and these guys with huge stacks must have been playing at least 5hrs non-stop.

The table had one open seat so I flipped a coin with my buddy (also a 2+2er) to see who would go to the game first. I took down my first coinflip of the night but told him not to worry because I was gonna bust someone in the first twenty minutes of the game. True to form I busted the player directly to my right and added $120 more to my stack. So I'm feeling good and I did well through the rest of the night with the only minor set back only occurring when my JJ ran into someones QQ.

So around 530am, the game (true to form) begins to get a little crazy. And by crazy I mean: bounties being put on people's heads, stradles, restradles, and rerestradles, blind raises, people playing playing hands after only looking at one card and announcing the card to the table, etc. Keep in mind also that stacks are pretty big with the average being somewhere in the $450 area and largest being over $800. The game is now 8 handed and the newest player just bought in enough to cover the table. He lives in the house where the game is being played and is one of the dealers when he isnt playing. He was playing like a maniac preflop but his postflop play was far more controlled. He is the villain of the following hand:

Hero is the BB, villain UTG. BB $2
UTG (t800) blind raises to 16, folded around to hero (t450) calls in the BB with red 99. (Pot $33)

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG bets 25, hero calls 25. (Pot $83)

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG bets 35, hero raises to 115, UTG considers the bet and says, "you know I looked at my hand right?" This is something which I do know but am not particularly concerned about at this moment, but I nod and acknowledge his statement. After some delibateration, he calls the extra $80. (Pot $313)

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets out 150, UTG moves all in, hero calls. (Final pot, somewhere around $950)

FWIW, I have a very tight image in this game and the villain should be aware of this.

How did I play this hand on every street considering the information that I've just given?
What do you put the villain on?
Does anyone not call the PF raise out of position with 99?

Results and thoughts to come.

Pat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: 1/2 hand at the end of a crazy game

Seems fine, so you lost to Quads or Qx? [this wouldn't be nagging you otherwise]

I may have raised the BLIND hand more PF with 99 though, about it.

>TW<