Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2004, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Partially good

For the most part they are good. Except ALL of the chips with his face on them. Those are terrible. The others are nice though. Wouldnt buy them myself.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the most part they are good. Except ALL of the chips with his face on them. Those are terrible. The others are nice though. Wouldnt buy them myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you played with them or just an opinion on the look?

The reason I ask is b/c I really like the look of the High Roller chips that are linked below, but they have that metallic clank and slick feel to them which blows.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Phil Hellmuth Chipset

Those are AWESOME!! Except that I would puke everytime I looked at them, except for that.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:10 PM

Stew,
I retail poker chips and recently I was sent a sample of the tournament pro chip. The one that I was sent was exactly that same weight and feel as the printed royal flush "fan of cards" and "high roller" type of chips. I personally like the feel of those, but if you don't, I don't think you would be happy with the tournament pro chip. Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stew,
I retail poker chips and recently I was sent a sample of the tournament pro chip. The one that I was sent was exactly that same weight and feel as the printed royal flush "fan of cards" and "high roller" type of chips. I personally like the feel of those, but if you don't, I don't think you would be happy with the tournament pro chip. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a million for the reply and the info, very helpful!

On the high roller chips, by feel I mean they feel slippery and I'm not fond of the squared edges. As far as the sound, I just don't like the sound of metal insert chips, I guess.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:54 AM

Stew: the chips are 11.5g ABS 2-tone chips with 4-color prints on the center section (for the tournament chips) and 6-color print on the center section (for the hellmuth chips). Each set has 460 tournament chips, 40 hellmuth chips. They are made from the same materials as other chinese-made chips, so have the same texture. However the mold was made so that the chips have rounded, smooth corners, unlike the sharp angled Royal Flush chips out there. If you're wondering how I know this, I work for the company making the hellmuth set in hong kong. Think you can buy sample sets of a few chips if you want to see the quality before buying an entire set, also on ebay.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:07 AM

They should definitely sell "sampler packs" of the chips with good ol' Phil's face on them. I'd be willing to spend $5 on 4 of them just so I could give one away whenever someone complains about a suck-out.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They should definitely sell "sampler packs" of the chips with good ol' Phil's face on them. I'd be willing to spend $5 on 4 of them just so I could give one away whenever someone complains about a suck-out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea, except I think he should be crying in all of these chips like he ussually does.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I buy the set, which I'm actually going to get two sets b/c I need more than 500 chips, I'll sell you mine. 5 for $5.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stew: the chips are 11.5g ABS 2-tone chips with 4-color prints on the center section (for the tournament chips) and 6-color print on the center section (for the hellmuth chips). Each set has 460 tournament chips, 40 hellmuth chips. They are made from the same materials as other chinese-made chips, so have the same texture. However the mold was made so that the chips have rounded, smooth corners, unlike the sharp angled Royal Flush chips out there. If you're wondering how I know this, I work for the company making the hellmuth set in hong kong. Think you can buy sample sets of a few chips if you want to see the quality before buying an entire set, also on ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info, I was definitely going to buy the samples prior to actually ordering the item, but I wanted to get some opinions here to see if even the samples would be worth pursuing.