Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 01:56 PM

Default So i get this email from partypoker......

I have used the free sample from the web based pokerprophecy webpage. i have never downloaded any software from them. so how do i get this email from party this morning? im kind of worried. im not a cheater, nor need to. i have quite a bit of money in my account and am thinking maybe i should withdraw some. im prolly being paranoid, but wtf....

Dear xxxxxxx,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at PartyPoker.com.Please refer to the following link for your perusal: (http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/u...ge_policy.html)

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that PartyPoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program.

In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited.

Regards,
Old 10-29-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: So i get this email from partypoker......

Because they check your cookies.

Don't go to the website with a machine wih party poker on it.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:05 PM

oh ok. stupid question, but how do i delete my cookies? I want to clean up this machine. I can not afford to be even suspicious. thanks.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:18 PM

I have looked at the sample search recently and I don't have any cookies from their site. Are you sure they set a cookie?

They could check your history I suppose. I guess I'll delete that stuff myself.

To the OP: They take screen shots too. I don't know if they only do this when Party is running or not though. Were you running Party when you checked Prophecy?
Old 10-29-2005, 02:22 PM

Depends on your browser. Firefox - Tools->Options->Privacy, IE - Tool->Internet Options->General, Opera Tools->Advanced->Cookies (Delete Private Data will do it, but delete other stuff too)
Old 10-29-2005, 03:16 PM

Apparently Firefox is exempt from this for some reason, only IE is affected. Something like that.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:32 PM

fwiw, a buddy never uses prophecy and kicked down his password. occassionally, i'll check it out for fun while i'm playing, while running party, and have never received any emails of this sort. I stay far, far away from IE too.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:51 PM

i use it w/ firefox and have never had a problem
Old 10-29-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i use it w/ firefox and have never had a problem

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes it okay to use it then I assume?

Lori
Old 10-29-2005, 04:10 PM

if you put any huge emphasis on stats like these, I believe it only hurts yourself, because you make plays you normally wouldn't make because you believe that the villians hand selection is garbage (which it can be), but doesn't mean that villian hasn't made a monster/happen to have monster hole cards this time. If you just play your game, you outplay these people anyways. I look up stats (usually my own) out of sheer curiousity. I see no "unfair" advantage out of prophecy because 1) as mentioned above, I don't believe it to be an advantage at all ... and 2) even if it were an advantage, anyone has the option to purchase it... to me, it's like saying "anyone who bought and read HOH can't play here, as you have an unfair advantage over the rest of the players"