Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Raise the turn here?

Opponent in this hand is 35/8/1.0. I often raise this turn here and become frustrated when they call and I check behind the river and they show me some middle pair. Should I be raising this turn? If I do, should I bet the river unimproved if he just calls? It seems that everyone is so showdown committed in these games that trying to move someone off a hand is pointless.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG raises, MP3 calls, Hero 3 bets, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, MP3 folds, Hero 3 bets, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
UTG bets, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
UTG bets, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.25
Old 09-26-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Raise the turn here?

You 3-bet the flop to gain a free card, right? So now that he is on to you, you want to pay double for what was supposed to be a free card? I don't get it. You just picked up some outs that he isn't going to put you on, call here so that he bets into you on a flush river.

Anyone call this river UI? Think he is donking this 1/11 times?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Raise the turn here?

I would have called his river bet. More than likely he has a high pocket pair, or a set of nines. I still would have called his river bet, incase he had an AQ or AJ and was trying to shake you off your AK. You will lose more than 50% of the time, but you should win enough to make calling ok. On the other hand, with a hand like AJs, I would still fold, because you might still lose to AK or AQ.

-J