Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 11:37 PM

Default What Area Has The Worst Drivers?

Just got back this afternoon from Manassus, Virginia and driving home it got me thinking... what area has the worst drivers?

Now granted I haven't been to too many places... probably as far west as Chicago and as far south as North Carolina. I have to say though that the people in the DC area have to be the worst drivers I've ever seen.

I don't think 1 person knows what a turn signal. I seriously think a cop didn't pull me over today because I used a turn signal. I was cruising in the HOV lane of the beltway doing about 90. Next thing I know I look in my rear view window and I see some bacon. I'm like [censored]... figured I was nailed. I turned on my turn signal to move off to the right. He then switched lanes with me, drove behind me for a little, then went back to the HOV lane and took off.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: What Area Has The Worst Drivers?

Southern California, easily.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:49 PM

In my experience - Boston, the worst you can imagine.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:50 PM

for the east coast, its undoubtedly new york city, especially the non-rich areas. for the west coast, cali.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:51 PM

I have enough experience to comment on drivers in WI, MN, MI, OH, CA, AZ, LA and CO. They're all bad in their own way. By far the most dangerously bad were in OH, specifically Cincinnati They're the cut-off kings and they'll cut you off within an inch of your bumper at any speed - and they do hit every speed. CA drivers are bad in the overall I'm an idiot and you can't tell wtf I'm going to do because I can't even tell wtf I'm going to do kind of way. CO drivers are bad in that they don't know how to merge and they ride in the fast lane for no good reason. AZ drivers are just slow. LA drivers are just slow in the head and their reaction times suck. It's more than just a stereotype that the people down in LA are slow. They also spend too much time cruising in the fast lane when they don't belong there. WI and to a greater extent MN drivers are a bit wreckless and too fearless in less-than-optimal conditions (with the exception of the mothers in minivans, but fathers in minivans are the worst). MI drivers tailgate like motherfuckers.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:52 PM

Asia
Old 05-12-2005, 11:53 PM

NYC - only place where I've seen a U turn from right lane on a 4 lane street.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my experience - Boston, the worst you can imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched some kickass show on Discovery not too long ago about them re-doing Boston's highways and how they made a new route to the airport and built underground highways. Really cool show...

Is traffic still really bad there even after all that?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:27 AM

Virginia, but thats only cause im from Maryland
Old 05-13-2005, 12:38 AM

bangkok.

hands down.

not even close.

[ QUOTE ]
Just got back this afternoon from Manassus, Virginia and driving home it got me thinking... what area has the worst drivers?

Now granted I haven't been to too many places... probably as far west as Chicago and as far south as North Carolina. I have to say though that the people in the DC area have to be the worst drivers I've ever seen.

I don't think 1 person knows what a turn signal. I seriously think a cop didn't pull me over today because I used a turn signal. I was cruising in the HOV lane of the beltway doing about 90. Next thing I know I look in my rear view window and I see some bacon. I'm like [censored]... figured I was nailed. I turned on my turn signal to move off to the right. He then switched lanes with me, drove behind me for a little, then went back to the HOV lane and took off.

[/ QUOTE ]