Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Top Pair Top Kicker Disaster

i decided to post this here because it seems like the small stakes nl forums are a lot of (25NL Party) and such, i am a <font color="white"> </font> big time lurker. This hand is from a live 1/2 game I played tonight in brooklyn.
great game with a lot of crap play. me included, tonight. just hoping for some feedback from you guys. button in this hand is a bad player on tilt($340), utg villain ($800) is a super-lag, not great in the least but is hitting everything in sight, he was up around 700 before this hand. these are the type of players that very often take their hand too far and get all in on weak draws frequently, but this time it was me??

Hero ($560) one off button with A spades Qh.

preflop: 4 limpers to me I make it 17. 12-25 is standard opening bet at this table. Button calls, UTG-villain calls.

flop: Qs 10s 8s

UTG opens for 60 - hero calls, button raises to 160, utg calls 160, I push for $480 all in, button calls, utg calls. (3 players all in)
turn and river: 4c7h
I am working hard on hand reading but I guess not hard enough - What range of hands can I put them on here, etc.? Is this a mathematically (or otherwise) atrocious push?

results in white below
Hero - AsQh (one pair, queens)
Button - Ks,Jd. (king high)
UTG - (Jc9h) (straight)

do i play awful? did I try to force a laydown that couldn't exist?
Old 03-05-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Top Pair Top Kicker Disaster

might want to fix the results, they're not in white.

also, this does belong in SSNL. there are many players in SSNL who play far below their abilities (the fact that someone plays 25NL does not mean they're not a good player)- I'm sure you'll get great responses to a deep hand there.

fim