Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 11:15 PM

Default problem with setting up InterTops account

I have set up accounts with party, empire, pokerNow. Today I tried to open one at InterTops. As usual I created my account using a clean computer, no problem. Then I tried to login from my computer and InterTops doesn't allow me to do it. Why this works for PokerNow but not InterTops? Do they have any special steps to prevent multiple accounts? How can I solve this?
Thanks for any advice.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: problem with setting up InterTops account

I created an Intertops account today doing the exact same thing as you, and I have party, empire and pokernow accounts as well and I had no problems. I did have to try to login a couple of times, seems like they were having some sort of server problems or something.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:01 AM

Thanks for the info. The error message I get is "We have detected that you have an active account with one of these poker rooms, etc". So I guess it won't go away. Could this be because I didn't deposit any money in the clean computer?
Thanks
Old 02-24-2005, 09:53 AM

Same thing happened to me. You don't have to deposit money at the clean computer but you have to log in for the first time at the clean computer. I did that and it solved the problem.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:02 AM

I had the same problem when trying to log on from my normal computer after setting up on a "clean" machine.

I was getting the "multiple accounts" popup, so I went back to the clean machine. I had uninstalled Intertops from it in the meantime, so I re-installed and tried to log on from there.

It worked and ever since I have been able to use my normal computer.

Seems to be some sort of first-time only check.

Also, I used the same e-mail, home address and Neteller account as used on Party, Empire etc,

rgb
Old 02-24-2005, 11:34 AM

I uninstalled everything, did the registry thing, installed Intertops and got the same error. I'm not sure what to do now? Do I now install on a clean computer? I already set up and account on my old computer so I might be screwed? Anyone have this happen? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

J72
Old 02-24-2005, 01:02 PM

FWIW, I set up a first time Multi acct on a clean computer yesterday.

I'm not getting any error message, but it won't let me log on.

I didn't actually log in from the clean machine, though, so I'll try that and see if it works.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:18 PM

Your computer was not as clean as you thought. I installed intertops yesterday and had the same problem. Removed Party and still had it, because I have Empire, pokernow and coral on my computer. I did the following and it worked fine. Uninstall all party skins. Go to c\program files, and delete the directories for all of these skins after uninstalling. Go to regedit, hkey_local/software/ and delete all the folders for these skins here. Then reboot, reinstall intertops, and it will work. You then can put all the other skins back on no problem.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:09 PM

Not necessarily. I did all of that and it still didnt work. I finally gave up and went to my parents and signed up. Intertops was a tricky one. I have accounts at Party, Empire, and Multi and didnt have any problems installing the other 2 the same way.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily. I did all of that and it still didnt work. I finally gave up and went to my parents and signed up. Intertops was a tricky one. I have accounts at Party, Empire, and Multi and didnt have any problems installing the other 2 the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I did computer support for 6 years, you'll have to excuse me if I'm skeptical that you did all of this and it still didn't work. I heard this on a daily basis when I was doing support, and computers just have a tendency to work the same for you as they do for me and everyone else. Unless you aren't running windows.