Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 04:40 AM

Default Re: the cost of sportsmanship

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's been said multiple times on these forums, but lets say it again.

It's a given that ESPN chose Josh to be it's whipping target for the whole show. They could have shown any number of good hands he was involved in, but instead they chose to play him off as the bad guy. Did they show him folding his flush to Raymer's FH late in the tournament? Nope.

It's amazing what microphones can pick up. I'm sure when Josh was holding onto David's face and saying his comment in is ear, he totally meant for the whole world to hear it.

I'm sure if someone taped you at some bad moments and showed it to the whole world, everyone would blame you for acting that way too...

[/ QUOTE ]

What really surprises me is that we're still talking about "bust this m.f." which was pretty clearly meant for only David's ears and is a tempest in a teapot imo, but the real point at which Josh behaved terribly was in his hand against Harry where he hit his draw, crippled Harry, and berated him. That's the one that I always recall, not his little private comment to David.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:04 AM

Default Re: my \"bust this MF\" comment

DELETE THIS POST OR ARCHIVE IT OR SOMETHING.

SHAMA LAMA...DING DONG!
Old 10-27-2004, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's a given that ESPN chose Josh to be it's whipping target for the whole show. They could have shown any number of good hands he was involved in, but instead they chose to play him off as the bad guy. Did they show him folding his flush to Raymer's FH late in the tournament? Nope.

It's amazing what microphones can pick up. I'm sure when Josh was holding onto David's face and saying his comment in is ear, he totally meant for the whole world to hear it.

I'm sure if someone taped you at some bad moments and showed it to the whole world, everyone would blame you for acting that way too...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not actually addressing his single comment to David Williams, though I posted it here in response to Josh's original thread. If you remember correctly, my comment was about his behavior in the last two days. This included his calling with a flush draw only to hit it then berate his opponent, his "nice hand dog" comment to David, his verbally bashing David for calling with 55, as well as his final comment. While the last one was whispered, the other three were loud and clear for all to hear.

The point is that if the words had not been said, ESPN would not have been able to capture them... period. This addresses sportsmanship. I dare say if you ever see me on ESPN, you will not see me behave as anything but a good sport. I may think some unsportsmanlike things, but I refrain from saying them out loud.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did they show him folding his flush to Raymer's FH late in the tournament? Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you point me to some evidence that he folded a flush when greg had a full house in a hand that was not shown?
Old 10-27-2004, 12:58 PM

Actually it's because we support the existence of Israel, and for no other reason.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:08 PM

What does a good laydown have to do with behaving like an ass? It's rather pathetic that everyone has to make excuses that it was whispered or that it's a few bad moments taken out of context, but he knew he was on camera and that he was mic'ed. The simple fact is that those bad moments are there. If they weren't, they'd have nothing to work with. You can watch Poker Superstars every week on Fox Sports and you won't see any of the garbage you see from the TV amateurs and wannabes (not even talking about quality of play), because they're 8 men with a ton of class. And class is something that the "new breed" like Arieh and probably all his defenders seem to lack.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:28 PM

Just watched again Arieh acting like a complete jerk on television. Yeah, Arieh, you deserve the contempt of any decent person.