Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 08:53 PM

Default I hate those turn cards

I have KK in the BB of the 10r on stars. I have ~25000 chips and the SB has me covered with 28k. The big blind is 800. It's folded around to him and he mine raises to 1600. I then make it 4k. He calls. SB seemed pretty tight thus far.

FLOP 235 two hearts

He checks I bet 6000 he calls.

TURN Ao

HE checks, what action do you take? I have 15k behind and the pot is currently ~20k. Thanks in advance.

SGS
Old 12-13-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: I hate those turn cards

The only hand you should be worried about is AhKh. The chance of that is very remote, and you said that you have good read on your opponent, that is a fairly tight solid player. If this is true, you shouldn't worry about the A, unless he was slowplaying aces on you, but then you're dead anyways. My guess is he has an overpair to the baord as well, 99-QQ and is playing defensively because of your re-raise pre-flop. I think a push is you best option here. Hey u never know, he might turn over AA and then a 4 wil show on the river for a chopchop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 09:14 PM

You can check behind and call any river bet.

This way you don't loose as much from better hands and you might get more from worse hand if they bluff the river.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only hand you should be worried about is AhKh. The chance of that is very remote, and you said that you have good read on your opponent, that is a fairly tight solid player. If this is true, you shouldn't worry about the A, unless he was slowplaying aces on you, but then you're dead anyways. My guess is he has an overpair to the baord as well, 99-QQ and is playing defensively because of your re-raise pre-flop. I think a push is you best option here. Hey u never know, he might turn over AA and then a 4 wil show on the river for a chopchop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

soooo, why do we want to push out 99-QQ with a turn push? your reasoning is completely ass-backwards
Old 12-13-2005, 09:41 PM

Are u voting for a check then?

SGS
Old 12-13-2005, 10:54 PM

So it sound like a check is probably bet... I was dumb and pushed and he called me with AKo. I think my push was more out of frusteration than thinking it was the right play.

SGS