Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Where to practice for free

Is there anywhere you can go to practice online for free? I find that most play money games seem too loose to offer any real experience, even at the higher levels.

I am hoping to avoid any money play right now because I started playing a month ago, killed the play tables after two weeks, and lost about a grand on the low level money tables in two weeks...now I am halfway through Harrington's HOHE Vol 1 and am cautiously looking for some payback.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Where to practice for free

I am considering working off the 100% deposit bonus at Full Tilt and so played a play money STT this weekend to check out the interface. I was shocked at how well the majority of players played. Seemed comparable to a $22 at Stars. Of course, my sample size is 1 so take it for what it's worth.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anywhere you can go to practice online for free? I find that most play money games seem too loose to offer any real experience, even at the higher levels.

[/ QUOTE ]High level play money tables... LOL.

I'd suggest just B&M it to get experience, or find the ulta low limits at Party like .25/.50. I haven't really ever heard of tight play money poker.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:10 AM

If you're talking about cash games, Stars has .01/.02 limit games. If you can't beat these games, you aren't cut out for poker. If you're talking about SNGs, the cheapest I can think of is UB which has 1+.10 games.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:57 AM

look both of your posts are very noob related, and how much can i earn and learn, etc. i am not flaming you here but i highly recommend reading hoh vol 1&2, to get a better understanding of the game. More importantly, read these fourms and become an expert pushbot.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
look both of your posts are very noob related, and how much can i earn and learn, etc. i am not flaming you here but i highly recommend reading hoh vol 1&2, to get a better understanding of the game. More importantly, read these fourms and become an expert pushbot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he hasnt read any poker books EVER...I would read Theory of Poker before anything. Just my opinion.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:03 AM

Take a week off from playing and read posts on this forum. Then you should be more than ready. If you have 500$ go ahead and play the 10+1 Sit 'n Go's at Party poker, the opposition is miserable here. (They will call down bluffs however, so don't bluff, at least not on level 1-3.)

If incidentally you have 570$ then spend the 70 on this program: http://sitngo-analyzer.com/ - it is worth ten-fold the prize.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:22 AM

Not completely free, but Poker Academy Pro 2 might let you get a little more practice for your money.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:50 PM

You cannot play poker for free.

If it's free, it's not poker.

That would be like asking if you can play baseball without a ball.

Irieguy
Old 10-26-2005, 01:16 PM

NO FREE RIDES IN POKER BABY!