Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Playalong time: Play my opponent\'s hand...

I've got a gutshot straight draw, a flush draw, and a flop that probably missed the pre-flop raiser if he's playing ABC (absent a mid-low pocket pair).

Raise it!
Old 07-05-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a good chance the tight BB (me) will fold

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're folding in this spot freqently, you're giving up too much. Getting 5:1 and the opportunity to play against an ATM, you should be looking to play a LOT of hands. I'm thinking almost any sooted 3 gappers or better, Axs, Kxs, most Axo, and any two cards 8 or higher. That's an approximation (maybe more hands, maybe less), but you shouldn't be folding all that much in this situation.

[ QUOTE ]

UTG folds, MP folds, You limp with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , Button folds, SB calls, <font color="red">I raise</font>, you call, SB calls.

3 to the flop for 6SB which comes: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, <font color="red">I bet</font>, You?

[/ QUOTE ]

Will SB fold the flop ever/often for 2 cold? If so, I call. If not, raise it up.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:19 PM

True. Most players won't defend with as many hands as I will, though, especially against an unknown player.

Anyways on the flop, I think regardless of what SB is going to do, we should be raising here. We have so much value/equity to forgo. On this flop, it is very likely to have missed me completely. You have 4 outs to the nut straight, 9 to a flush, and your T and 9 outs are likely to be good for at least 3 or more if I am raising with big/small broadways, giving you approximately 16+ outs. On top of that, I might back down with overcards, allowing you an opportunity to semi-bluff a blank turn and pick up the pot, or take a free card if you so choose.

Well, my opponent called...so here's the rest of the hand:

Preflop: You are CO with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, You call, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="red">I raise</font>, You call, SB calls.

Flop (6SB): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, <font color="red">I bet</font>, You call, SB calls.

Turn (4.5BB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, <font color="red">I raise</font>, You call, SB calls.

River (10.5BB): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, <font color="red">I bet</font>, You ?
(explain why)
Old 07-05-2005, 08:24 PM

Raise. Hope SB comes along, and/or hope you have AA and think I'm raising my Jx.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:24 PM

Call and go for an overcall by SB. If you're bluffing into a scare card I am not getting more out of you, if you aren't I dont want to put more money into the pot.

Edit: Too weak tight for 5/10 6 max? &lt;--
Old 07-05-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
]-[4&gt;&lt;0|2

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, before I bothered explaining this to you guys, I had 1337 posts. If you don't get it, be thankful that you're not nerdy enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh.. i didn't even see that... ju 1337 ]-[4&gt;&lt;0|2
Old 07-05-2005, 08:37 PM

Raise. The BB will probably pay off. He has something of value here -- but what? The only hands that would make sense are A(8|6|4), maybe (K|Q)8, two broadway clubs, or a PP (AA-88|66|44). If he has a broadway clubs, he's not paying this raise off (maaaaaaaybe except with the ace of clubs. doubt it, unless he's paired off). Of course, if he has two clubs of large rank, you are pwned. If he has a set (now boat), you are pwned. If he has a high pair or an overpair, he's paying off. The $64,000 question here is how often will the SB call two cold versus the BB not calling the last bet (or three-betting your ass with the boat -- somewhat offset by him possibly jamming with two pair or an overpair!) Given the stupidity from the SB, I think he will often call two cold here, as he has shown to have a hand greater than an overpair.

[edit: F it, I change my mind and call. You are not raising to change the number of outs you are drawing to from two to five. The BB probably has a set turned boat, and we are all his little bitch. Two pair would make no sense in this instance, and I doubt he is raising an overpair or top pair if he knows he is drawing extremely thin. Crap.]

-K
Old 07-05-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB has shown to have a hand greater than an overpair.

-K

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-05-2005, 08:43 PM

Is he dumb enough to bet two pair when one of the pairs is a board pair? If so, F his bet and F his little doggie too.

If not, I am almost certain he has trips, but not a boat (I think even he would find a 3-bet with a boat there). He probably thinks the BB has the case 4 and either a better kicker or the other card to the boat (or a set).

-K
Old 07-05-2005, 08:47 PM

SB checks, I bet, You ?

Wonder what the heck you're holding that has had you betting and raising the whole way. I hate the thought of hitting my hand and just calling, but now I'm wondering if I'm against a full house or a larger flush. Possible holdings: pocket 8s? AA, KK, QQ, JJ, Acxc?

Or are you representing the flush and hoping to steal the hand?

I've given you absolutely no indication that my hand is strong, but you seem to think you can beat SB, who could actually have a piece of that garbage flop. (And based on his bet, the turn.)

I think I just call. The pot is big (and would have been bigger if I had raised the pre-flop and the flop like I should have). Plus I can probably get an overcall from SB who might fold if I raise. That would mean I'd get the same number of bets without risking an extra BB and the possibility of a 3-bet from you.

Am I a wuss?