Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 09:38 PM

Default [6-max] A9s gets TP and lots of heat

BB juuuust sat down and I have never seen him before. :|

Something changed with Absolute's hand histories and both the bisonbison converter and my local one just go apeshit now for whatever reason, and I can not quite see why. Buh.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 Max, 6 handed)

Pre-flop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF4400">Heroine raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="gray">3 folds</font>, <font color="#FF4400">BB 3-bets</font>, Heroine calls, MP calls.

Chiiiiiiiii.

Flop (9 SBs): A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="#FF4400">BB bets</font>, <font color="#FF4400">Heroine raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#FF4400">BB 3-bets</font>, Heroine calls, MP calls.

I think he is full of crap with the flop bet, and he thinks I am full of crap with the flop raise, and now do I think he thinks I think he thinks I think he thinks that the 3-bet is full of crap? Probably not. Buh. MP sticking around is uncool too (probably is chasing the flush... or who the hell knows what).

Turn (8.75 BBs): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="#FF4400">BB bets</font>, Heroine calls, MP calls

If I was going to find a fold, now would be the time. I have 'odds' to chase, but are they any good? Does he have AK and I am drawing to two cards? Does he have a set and I am drawing dead? Does he have TT-QQ and I am still ahead? Does he have KK and now just pwned me when I was way ahead on the flop? I don't like it, but I call because... I can't really justify it. :|

River (11.5 BBs): Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="#FF4400">BB bets</font>, Heroine calls, MP folds.

I guess I need to call here, since I called the turn.. but I did not manage to suck out. Yuck. :|

Final pot: 13.5 BBs

-K
Old 08-12-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: [6-max] A9s gets TP and lots of heat

I think I like this hand. You will get played back at a lot by weaker aces. If opponent was known to be tight then we can fold the turn, but with no read I like a call down.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Re: [6-max] A9s gets TP and lots of heat

[ QUOTE ]
Turn (8.75 BBs): K (3 players)
BB bets, Heroine calls, MP calls
If I was going to find a fold, now would be the time. I have 'odds' to chase, but are they any good? Does he have AK and I am drawing to two cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're already drawing dead here if he's got AK.

I don't like the PF raise, either. With AT it's good because of your straight potential. Not with A9. I'd see this flop cheaply.

You're three-bet PF and are bet into on the flop and 3-bet again. You're probably way behind, but heads up and getting nearly 10 and 12-1 respectively, you almost have to call. Knowing nothing about the BB almost warrants it, because regardless of the results, you'll know a lot about his style, and that's where you'll profit from him in future hands. It's almost worth calling him down just for that alone.