Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 03:00 AM

Default BETonBET Question?

The 40 percent is very interesting i must say. I signed up and multitabled over 1000 hands today and they said my total rake was 33usd? wtf.. i was playing two 2-4 tables and 2 3-6 tables. I tried to speak with customer service and that got me no where, as to understanding how in the hell they calculate rake? So does anyone have any experience playing on bettobet, the pokerroom skin.. Any insight would be greatly appreciated? arod4276
Old 05-04-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: BETonBET Question?

please
Old 05-04-2005, 04:19 AM

I think the problem is, that you need to play quite a bit to get to the 40% rakeback level. You need an MGR of 7000$ for a month and then you're earning rakeback at 40%.

With a MGR of 200$-499$ only getting 10%. This is probably why you have earned so little.

Let us know how you like the site.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:24 AM

My question is how in the hell do they figure MGR? I have a feeling it isnt like any other iste around? arod4276
Old 05-04-2005, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone have any experience playing on bettobet, the pokerroom skin.. Any insight would be greatly appreciated?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard they only count rake from pots in which you have contributed money. For instance if you fold 72o UTG and the pot gets raked $3, none of that $3 counts towards your MGR(If I am wrong someone please correct me).

Sites can attract all the high volume grinders they want if they just put together the right incentives. Compared to betonbet, rake back deals using party skins still seem like the better deal.

I have been playing at Gridgames because VFP + $5000 bonus is proving to be quite lucrative. That may change somewhat next week though.

Stu
Old 05-04-2005, 08:53 AM

That is correct. Your mgr is calculated by the percentage of money you put in the pot. If you fold pre flop, you get nothing, fold on the flop you would get very little. If you and two other people bet all the way to the river and create a $3 rake you would get credit of about $1.

That being said, $33 for 1000 hands of 2/4 and 3/6 seems very low. It should be about double that unless you were playing at very tight tables and you were super tight.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the problem is, that you need to play quite a bit to get to the 40% rakeback level. You need an MGR of 7000$ for a month and then you're earning rakeback at 40%.

With a MGR of 200$-499$ only getting 10%. This is probably why you have earned so little.

Let us know how you like the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

They've changed the structure this month. Getting over $200 gets you 20% rakeback. Over $400 gets you 25%. Over $1000 gets you 30% rakeback.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone have any experience playing on bettobet, the pokerroom skin.. Any insight would be greatly appreciated?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard they only count rake from pots in which you have contributed money. For instance if you fold 72o UTG and the pot gets raked $3, none of that $3 counts towards your MGR(If I am wrong someone please correct me).

Sites can attract all the high volume grinders they want if they just put together the right incentives. Compared to betonbet, rake back deals using party skins still seem like the better deal.

I have been playing at Gridgames because VFP + $5000 bonus is proving to be quite lucrative. That may change somewhat next week though.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very small sample, but at 5/10 5max, I have more slighly more MGR by their contributions than PokerTracker calculated that I contributed. I'll update this after this month since I'm going to try to get to the $4000 MGR this month to get to the 35% level(assuming I don't get creamed at 5/10).
Old 05-04-2005, 10:31 AM

Also remember that there is a delay of a few hours when you look at your rake numbers, so you can't just look at your rake numbers when you finish your session. I generally check it the next morning.

40% is very hard to get to, even 35% would be for a non-pro since there's only so many hours in a day for someone with another job. But at mid-limits, getting to $1000 rake (30% level) in a month is not too difficult. Plus, this level lasts for a full year, so even if you only pay $300 rake per month for the next 11 months you'll get 30% on that.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:36 AM

5-max is a different animal - as you have to mess around in a lot more pots to be a winning player. As such, you end up contributing more money/rake into pots, and you win more pots proportionally than you would at 10-max. So your rake numbers may be helped by the betonbet way of calculating rake if you play shorthanded well.