Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 09:20 PM

Default Kerry: I\'m not going to be questioned....by those who refused to serve

There are many reports of Kerry, his campaign, and the Democratic party gettting frustrated and worried about what looks like a good sized Bush bounce comming out of the Republican Convention.

It appears it has manifested itself in a far more aggressive attack aginst Bush by Kerry himself. Here is a link to an article:

Kerry: Bush is "Unfit To Lead"

Here's the whole Kerry quote:

"For the past week, they attacked my patriotism and my fitness to serve as commander in chief," Kerry said. "We'll, here's my answer. I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq,"

When tough personal attacks are seen in commercials, it turns off the public. But, it's effective. When it's done by the candidate himself, I think it has a very high risk of backfiring.

I think it could be a huge mistake for Kerry to take this approach. He should be letting his subordinates make these types of attacks. By doing it himself, he's could be presenting himself as the type of person (not candidate or politician) people don't want to vote for.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Kerry: I\'m not going to be questioned....by those who refused to serve

[ QUOTE ]
"For the past week, they attacked my patriotism and my fitness to serve as commander in chief," Kerry said. "We'll, here's my answer. I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq,"

When tough personal attacks are seen in commercials, it turns off the public. But, it's effective. When it's done by the candidate himself, I think it has a very high risk of backfiring.

I think it could be a huge mistake for Kerry to take this approach. He should be letting his subordinates make these types of attacks. By doing it himself, he's could be presenting himself as the type of person (not candidate or politician) people don't want to vote for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush has already come out and said that Kerry's service was "more heroic" than his own.

Stu
Old 09-02-2004, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Kerry: I\'m not going to be questioned....by those who refused to serve

I think he was referring to Cheney.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:12 PM

Man... you're making me have to work. Ok heres the goods.

US President George W Bush has said his rival in the presidential race, John Kerry, was the "more heroic" for having put himself "in harm's way" in Vietnam.

Here is the link

Stu
Old 09-02-2004, 10:15 PM

Agreed.

A midnight rally in Springfield, Ohio to attack Cheney and Bush for things they did not say. Neither said he was unfit or unpatriotic.

Oh ... and he will just piss off the vets about 1971 even more.

Smacks of desperation.

This rally may be remembered not as a turning point but as a sign of the beginning of the end. He seems to be coming unglued.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:27 PM

Yeah this tactic is very surprising. Obvously, I am biased. But Kerry appears to be playing right into the Rebpublican's hand here. I mean right now, no Republican breathes KErry's name without talking about how they commend him for his service. You have to wonder what is going on behind the scenes at the Kerry campaign.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Kerry: I\'m not going to be questioned....by those who refused to s

Very insightful, Dynasty.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:32 AM

Let me get THIS straight. Kerry is holding a midnight rally after the Presidents conventions speech, John Kerry is going to go after the Vice Presidential candidate's history of receiving draft deferments, John Kerry is going to remain in his own version of a Viet Nam quagmire no doubt attacking Bush's military record, John Kerry refuses to authorize full disclosure of his military records, Kerry's promotion of his Viet Nam service has clearly been a losing tactic for him, Kerry is certain to invite more criticism regarding his Vets Against the War activities, and according to the polls John Kerry's strongest issues are the economy and health care. If Bush is a lunatic what does that make Kerry?
Old 09-03-2004, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me get THIS straight. Kerry is holding a midnight rally after the Presidents conventions speech, John Kerry is going to go after the Vice Presidential candidate's history of receiving draft deferments, John Kerry is going to remain in his own version of a Viet Nam quagmire no doubt attacking Bush's military record, John Kerry refuses to authorize full disclosure of his military records, Kerry's promotion of his Viet Nam service has clearly been a losing tactic for him, Kerry is certain to invite more criticism regarding his Vets Against the War activities, and according to the polls John Kerry's strongest issues are the economy and health care. If Bush is a lunatic what does that make Kerry?

[/ QUOTE ]

I listened to his speech tonight. He sounded desperate to stop the his downhill momentum. It was pretty pathetic.

Stu
Old 09-03-2004, 01:48 AM

Pretty funny stuff, adios.

Sounds like the tilt factor is setting in. Kerry's spraying chips already. A midnight rally right after Bush's speech, with more focus on military service?!?

Jack-ten offsuit? RE-RAISE!!! Missed draw on the river and got check-raised? Hell, RE-RAISE again!!!