Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Possible to lay trip kings down??

been experimenting with a new LAGGY style play (hence the pf call)

Very early in a stars trny

Ive been active on the table, picking pots up. Just playing poker.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB (t1640)
UTG (t1780)
UTG+1 (t3975)
MP1 (t1850)
Hero (t2890)
MP3 (t545)
CO (t1735)
Button (t610)
SB (t1445)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t30, [color=#CC3333]UTG+1 raises to t60</font>, MP1 calls t60, Hero calls t60, [color=#666666]5 folds</font>, UTG calls t30.

Flop: (t285) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets t150</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t150, MP1 folds.

Turn: (t585) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]UTG+1 bets t120</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to t500</font>, [color=#CC3333]UTG+1 raises to t3765</font>, Hero ??

His bet is obviously very fishy, as he bet 120 into a 585 pot. How is my raise? what to do after he pushes?
Old 11-27-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Possible to lay trip kings down??

Even playing laggy, I fold this preflop.

The mini opening turn bet followed by the push would scare me to death. I'd probably fold. The only hands I see trying this line are AK, 55, and 77. Here is my thinking. You put a bet out on the flop even though he was the initial aggressor. He called you down, so when the other King hits, you have to hope he had called you down with 22-44, 66, 88-QQ, or AA (or some sort of goober hand like A5). AA MIGHT try this line to see if you really had the king, but I think you will be drawing dead to the case king (or the three tens) more often than not.

-Gross
Old 11-27-2005, 01:19 AM

Fold preflop. This is not being LAG. This is being loose-passive. Loose Aggressive is when you are the raisor. Playing hands like K10o and the likes will get you in trouble more often than not, especially to a raise.
As is, I will likely fold this turn. If he has a K, its better than yours. I feel 77 or 55 are much more likely tho.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:08 AM

Difficult to say without knowing anything about your opponent, and what his preflop raise and post flop play could mean- although the number of people that saw the flop negates this a little. He probably was either slowplaying the flop or just picked up a flush draw on the turn (maybe 6c8c if his min preflop raise could be hands like this). Given the description of your image and the texture of the flop, he could easily be checking as little as top pair, expecting you to bet.

In general, I would fold when he moves allin here, as it is difficult to see him calling the flop with a hand that just picked up a draw and you have also shown strength in this situation yet he still moves in (not a good spot for him to semi bluff normally, but is a good spot to put you on a king and expect his allin to be called). I just think you are beat more often here than you will be ahead.

With your style and image:

I probably still fold preflop.

Checking looks a reasonable option on the flop, given nature of my hand and the texture of the board.

If for some reason I had bet the flop, I would just call his turn bet, with the intention of calling a small riv bet if flush misses, but folding to a bigger bet. And folding to any reasonable bet if the flush hits.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:45 AM

fold PF..fold to his allin.
If you call min raises with KT, you better get used to folding to strength like UTG+1 shows..cause these kind of hands can get you into trouble FAST. That's the prblm with this hand..even if you hit flop as well as you expect, you dont know if your ahead..or crushed...

Brian