Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: My Greatest Comeback Ever, Please Share Yours!

Last night I came back from being down to 35 chips in the 3rd level on a 10+1 to win it against 6 others..

Best comback ever though would be playing a free roll on PP.

I was chipleader with about 8k in chips, around 600 out of 2500 people left in. Avg stack was around 3k. went down to 54 chips in two hands.. went all in the next 8 or so hands in a row.. won them all.. than went all in the next hand with about 3k in chips holding jj and got called by AA and AK.. spiked a jack. Went on to place 2nd.

I need to pull up that hand history. That was fun.

Aklectic
Old 08-19-2005, 04:46 PM

One time I was playing a fifty cent no limit holdem freezeout with my 5-year-old son with one cent/two cent blinds. He got me down to a penny, and then I came back and took all of his money. It was awesome! Please post more examples, as I cannot remember when I read such gripping stories.

Oh yeah. Also, about a month ago at a NL $25 table on Party, I got it all-in preflop with aces. The other guy turned up a pair of twos and caught a two on the river to beat me. Man, that was the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen in my whole life!
Old 08-19-2005, 04:49 PM

MMT omaha8 33 players left pays 20
This guy at my table gets scooped in a multi way pot and winds up with 3 chips. Somehow he survives at least 10 orbits and 20 allins and sneaks into the money.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:43 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
One time I was playing a fifty cent no limit holdem freezeout with my 5-year-old son with one cent/two cent blinds. He got me down to a penny, and then I came back and took all of his money. It was awesome! Please post more examples, as I cannot remember when I read such gripping stories.

Oh yeah. Also, about a month ago at a NL $25 table on Party, I got it all-in preflop with aces. The other guy turned up a pair of twos and caught a two on the river to beat me. Man, that was the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen in my whole life!

[/ QUOTE ]

This one time........at poker camp.....I had pocket Kings....

Yeah yeah, your sarcasm is duly noted. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This one time........at poker camp.....I had pocket Kings....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, that's what half of poker camp is... sex-ed!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:01 PM

My greatest comeback story is a live MTT, 30 players. Buyin was...t1200 at least. My memory is somewhat foggy on this.

Several loose calls and seeing too many flops left me with 70 chips at 75/150 blinds after the second merge (down to the final ten). I was able to recover (after pushing JTs and catching a T on the river to make two pair), then got short-stacked again. And again and again.

In all, I was short-stack at the final ten, 7-handed, 5-handed AND 3-handed. I ended up winning that tourney after several lucky pushes, blind-stealing and what is still, to this day, the best heads-up I've played. There was a great amount of beginner's luck involved (especially because most of those players were, and still are donks), and I've evolved much more as a poker player since then, but the story is still fun to tell.